Please Help me

Syncrim

In the Brooder
May 22, 2024
Um hi im new here,
basically 4 days ago i bought two baby chicks. My first time ever raising chicks.

One of them is totally fine eats drinks sleeps runs is energetic and alive sometimes searches for its own food. The other one tho… hes the opposite, since i got him hes been the more calm sleepy type, has been eating drinking sleeping but mostly sleeping. Now the problem, as of today he hasnt been doing ANYTHING just sleeping he doesnt stand up he doesnt eat doesnt drink nothing just sleep. I can pick him up in my hand hold him turn him do anything he wont resist or budge he’ll just lay down and sleep. Please help me ill put a picture.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    357.5 KB · Views: 95
Hi, and welcome to BYC!

What is that yellow stuff?

They should be on chick starter/grower only, and for the next 16 weeks or so.

Have you seen them drinking? Sometimes they need to be shown how.

I'd check the temperature as that should be around 90F and they should have room to get away from the heat if they get too warm.

Hi, and welcome to BYC!

I'd check the temperature as that should be around 90F and they should have room to get away from the heat if they get too warm.
Looks like corn meal. :hmm Definitely needs chick starter feed.

Hi, and welcome to BYC!

Hi, yeah the yellow stuff is like organic corn by us its called bio theyve been drinking and eating fine sometimes i took them outside in my front yard where its warm and i have an eye on them theyve been running around looking for food all the normal chicken stuff until now.

Get rid of the corn and put them on a starter/grower feed. It looks like watery, loose stools around as well. At this point, give it electrolytes along with proper feed and hopefully it perks back up for you!

ETA: what are you using for warmth? They should have a heat plate or a heat lamp and be at a temp of 95 degrees the first week. With option of moving away from the heat if too warm.

Guys…, Gojo died. Im pretty devastated and his chick friend is peeping really loud looking for him. This is sad but i hope too see his buddy live on for him. Any suggestions? Like moving him somewhere? Or getting him a new friend? Im gonna bury gojo by a tree and have a little sign for him. Thanks for the help.

Guys…, Gojo died. Im pretty devastated and his chick friend is peeping really loud looking for him. This is sad but i hope too see his buddy live on for him. Any suggestions? Like moving him somewhere? Or getting him a new friend? Im gonna bury gojo by a tree and have a little sign for him. Thanks for the help.
Sorry for the loss :( I would get the lone chick a couple little chick friends - they do not do well alone as you can already tell. Don't beat yourself up but learn from this and raise some healthy, thriving chicks! There is a slew of info on this site on what you will need to raise days old chicks. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom