Bumblefoot on leg??Help!!

GuineaLove

Chirping
Nov 11, 2015
Hey everyone! This is only my second post, unfortunately it isn’t under better circumstances. I have a golden comet hen who recently developed a blackish lump on her leg. I doubt it is bumblefoot but any advice would be great! Thanks!

Attachments

• 31D9DAAA-8302-454D-AB01-A542A7411F74.jpeg
    31D9DAAA-8302-454D-AB01-A542A7411F74.jpeg
    313 KB · Views: 13
It looks like she has suffered an injury since it is bruised and swollen. How long has she had this? Can she walk on it okay? If it looks different tomorrow, post back here again.

That is a bit high up to do a nice soaking in warm water full of Epson Salts.. but that would be what I would suggest.

Or.... just watch it carefully, it might heal fine on its own.

That is so swollen I would have throught it could be broken. Is there a limp? She apparently can stand on it,s o probably just a bad lump and bruise.

Update:
First off I would like to thank everyone who has helped! So as of last night my hen developed a limp. She’s had this lump on her leg for about a week but I’ve just been hoping it would go away. But since it hasn’t I have started spraying it once a day with apple cider vinegar and it seems to have improved slightly since last night. I’ll post another pick tommorow to show any improvements. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom