Bumblefoot Treatment and Broken Leg Feathers

Quote:
I told him I had the plugs pulled already so he didnt mention much on that. I'm still checking them daily to see if its another plug or just a scab. Actually today I squeezed one of the scabs and got shot in the face by projectile pus x_x ickgagbarf

The baytril/dmso/banamine combo seems to be helping thus far. I'm still worrying for my girls who have GAPING holes in their tootsies but for the majority..no more plugs, very soft pliable wounds, (oniony smelling breath from baytril) and no heat from the sores to imply raging infection.

I'm soaking them for 15 minutes in a nice strong epsom salt bath, rubbing the scabs off, and then applying the med-mix and letting it soak in....and boy does it soak in! the DMSO makes it draw in like a sponge
smile.png

I'll keep everyone updated as things progress.

and FINALLY, after 3 solid days of torrential nightly rain, we're supposed to have some dry weather..just what the doctor ordered!

(wonders if she can convince her girls to sunbathe their feet a bit)

I'm glad you have dry weather and healing girls! I'm still working on my first girl. I know one foot is better but the other that had the large infection is still struggling. I do think we're making progress though. She hasn't laid an egg in 4 days, I'm hoping it's just stress. She's alone in a cage in the garage so I can't blame her. I have 2 other hens that have minor scabs so I'll work on them next. And this weekend we're going to rake out all twigs from the run, sand roosts, etc.

Back
Top Bottom