Bumblefoot- what happened?

So here is a current photo. You can see a hard nodule in there but it does not move. From those darn YouTube videos it seemed like that needed to come out plus his other foot feels so soft. We dug in his foot for a long time and that chunk does not budge. Is it supposed to come out? Not that it’s not bleeding I can actually see it and get a photo.
00FD7AFD-EB21-45E4-A799-D46B211FA590.jpeg
0F27D3B3-4F31-4141-BA31-760020336B85.jpeg

You may have gotten it Really stuff the triple antibiotic in it now try to keep it halfway clean at least a couple days .. see if you can change it out daily

I also would wait at least a few days, or even a week and reassess then. It's hard to tell from pictures if that is infection or swollen tissue from the trauma of trying to clean it out. Fill it with ointment, reapply daily, keep it wrapped and clean, and then after a bit of time see how it looks.

So this morning we very gently pecked at the swollen chunk inside trying to figure out if it’s the infection or his foot. I scraped off a tiny piece and it started bleeding pretty badly so I’m assuming it’s just part of his foot since the infection puss wouldn’t have blood vessels.
We’re just going to let it ride for awhile and keep rebandaging and using antibiotic salve.
Let me know if you think differently? Thanks so much.

I agree keep the ointment in it Now... Your doing great, watch to see a rooster will have thicker legs but see the swelling goes down

Back
Top Bottom