MinniesMomma

Songster
Apr 22, 2018
Caldwell Tx
My Coop
My Coop
I noticed my dear sweet little oegb sitting in a corner by herself. W
20190918_185723.jpg
hen I picked her up, I noticed that she is not standing on one of her feet and there is this swelling on the bottom of it. She is clutching her foot against her chest.
What do I do for her? I am busily looking through other posts, but if somebody could just tell me I would be eternally grateful.

Last edited:
I noticed my dear sweet little oegb sitting in a corner by herself. WView attachment 1911884hen I picked her up, I noticed that she is not standing on one of her feet and there is this swelling on the bottom of it. She is clutching her foot against her chest.
What do I do for her? I am busily looking through other posts, but if somebody could just tell me I would be eternally grateful.
I don't see any scab on the bottom of the foot. She may have injured it somehow. See if soaking in an warm epsom salts bath a couple of times a day will help reduce the swelling over the course of a few days.

I don't see any scab on the bottom of the foot. She may have injured it somehow. See if soaking in an warm epsom salts bath a couple of times a day will help reduce the swelling over the course of a few days.
Thank you so much! I looked at her again this morning, and it seems that the hock is swollen in comparison to her other leg. She is eating and drinking well and I have her confined so that nobody can step on her or bully her. So I just keep up with the Epsom salt soaking for a few days?

Thank y'all so much! I kept her isolated today while I was at work, and when I got home her foot still had some swelling, but she was walking. I let her back outside and she is acting like nothing ever happened. I'm going to keep a close eye on her the next few days, but it seems like she is on the mend!

Back
Top Bottom