Bumblefoot??

Doing it again. Wondering if i should pick up some
vetericyn plus wound spray.

Shes soaking right now, it has completely scabbed over again so i will dig at it again.

Rizo has a slight scabbing, after the soak, its very soft, squishy, raised upwards. Just pick it off? This is what it looks like now.
22FDF818-B8C4-490B-959B-F55C095711C3.jpeg
4CE63009-A8C8-4F1C-86CC-C131C66FC03C.jpeg
Its just a thin layer on top, and theres pink tissue underneath.

Last edited:
Doing it again. Wondering if i should pick up some
vetericyn plus wound spray.

Shes soaking right now, it has completely scabbed over again so i will dig at it again.
Vetrycin is pricey. I would for from some good old Saline or Chlorhexadine. Thats basically what it is. As a flush, either of those work well in a spray bottle. I used to use Vetdrycin to wrap bumbles with since it was supposed to be good for bumble foot. It doesn't work well since it just runs off the foot. If you put it on the gauze it doesn't absorb well.

Rizo has a slight scabbing, after the soak, its very soft, squishy, raised upwards. Just pick it off? This is what it looks like now. View attachment 3113173View attachment 3113175Its just a thin layer on top, and theres pink tissue underneath.
Yep, just pick that off. What do you see in there? Any puss, debris? That squishy white material, is that healthy tissue? If all you see is healthy tissue around the hole you dug the plug out of, than I would wrap it up and call it good. As long as you got all the plug out, it should heal up alright.

Vetrycin is pricey. I would for from some good old Saline or Chlorhexadine. Thats basically what it is. As a flush, either of those work well in a spray bottle. I used to use Vetdrycin to wrap bumbles with since it was supposed to be good for bumble foot. It doesn't work well since it just runs off the foot. If you put it on the gauze it doesn't absorb well.
Okay, thanks. Thats why i was contemplating it, it was pricey and im not in the mood to go to the store and pick it up right now.

@Weeg i think Em has it :hit
I only see it on one foot.
CFD3F00A-CB86-497C-A909-73829A919FB8.png

Its just a small thing, she has feathered legs so im not sure how great wrapping and soaks will go for her.

Also, she ignored me (and still is) for lifting her up to take that picture (cause i held down her wings) so i think im going to have a hard time holding her like i do Rizo.. She will despise me.

Back
Top Bottom