Bumblefoot

Lbean523

Chirping
Jun 19, 2020
Franklin, KY
I noticed my girl limping late last night. Upon evaluation this morning, I’m afraid she has bumblefoot. I am leaving for a weekend trip tomorrow, but my husband will be here to treat her. Please help! I’ve read so many different things about what to do..I can’t even think where to begin. She a beloved pet and I’m desperate to help her. Thank you so much in advance!

Attachments

• 93D62300-BD49-4B32-9DDE-2846D8E0A77B.jpeg
    93D62300-BD49-4B32-9DDE-2846D8E0A77B.jpeg
    378.5 KB · Views: 15
  • F26DAF80-8F46-4D9A-84D0-ED0ACE5387EE.jpeg
    F26DAF80-8F46-4D9A-84D0-ED0ACE5387EE.jpeg
    333.7 KB · Views: 7
I treated for bumblefoot yesterday and unfortunately found it in a few others. Treated them as well. Today Ethel will not get up at all. She will drink water but I haven’t seen her eat, I also noticed runny green poop..please help!

I treated for bumblefoot yesterday and unfortunately found it in a few others. Treated them as well. Today Ethel will not get up at all. She will drink water but I haven’t seen her eat, I also noticed runny green poop..please help!
How did you treat the foot?

She likely has something else going on. When was her last egg? Is her crop emptying?

I’ve soaked foot in epsom sprayed vetericyn an applied prid and wrapped. I’m not sure about her last egg.. I’ve been out of town for a few days and my husband has been tending her. Is it too late if she’s egg bound??

I’ve soaked foot in epsom sprayed vetericyn an applied prid and wrapped. I’m not sure about her last egg.. I’ve been out of town for a few days and my husband has been tending her. Is it too late if she’s egg bound??

Update: she laid an egg today.. would sour crop make her lame? She looks good and seems fine other than not walking. She will get up and go to coop each night..,

Back
Top Bottom