Bumblefoot.

karbear

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jan 16, 2011
Auburn, Wa
I am pretty sure Wilma has it. Nettie if you see this I might need to order shoes.... Advice anyone? I am going to search for previous posts that I have read before. I will post pics also.
sad.png

Here is the pic. Found the info link and have my supplies gathered. She is in the bath now.. Wish me luck.

Hi,

I'm new to the forum but I have a duck mating question...oh that sound funny
was wondering "I want to increase my flock size..currently have 2 cayuga hens and 1 pekin drake...if I incubate thier eggs and keep the hens will breeding with thier "father" be a issue in the future...

quackandclucks

Thank you Duck_feeder for posting that, as I was going to.
wink.png

Karri, feel free to email me hun with pictures or details and whatnot and I can let you know what I think. I'm become somewhat of an expert on bumblefoot. I also have ideas for vets who are not familiar with ducks, like oral and topical medicines they can try and the doses if you need to take your duck in. I can also forward my vet's info if your vet needs to confer with another vet too. Just email me!

Wonderful article. I will be heading out tomorrow to pick up a few things. Vet visit is not in the budget at this time.
I know if you can't afford to keep them then you shouldn't have them but it is just the situation I am in at this time.
Can antibiotics that I might have help? I have augmentin? Can Baytril be ordered online somewhere? I will go get epsom salts and the fish soak. I have been having her in the bath the last couple of nights and then cleaning with peroxide then adding neosporin. I then have wrapped and covered with gauze and then a rubber glove cover to keep it dry. Much to Wonka's dismay I have taking out his little bathtub from their pen so that Wilma cannot get in the water. Nettie, I will be ordering shoes shortly. I am bringing her in to change her bandage and measure feet in just a little bit. I let them out to wander in the yard for a bit since they have only been in their cage and inside the last couple of days. She does seem to be walking better this evening but I don't want her out and about for to long.

77028_foot.jpg

Here is a pic from a couple of days ago.
It is not solid. There actually is a hole that bleed after the bath. Do you suppose the "seed" was already out?

You can buy baytril online - google "buy baytril" and plenty of stores will come up. 22mg is what one of our ducks was given when she had to take pills but correct dosage is based on weight so your duck may need more or less.

Back
Top Bottom