Bumps above eye

thenovicehen

Songster
10 Years
Feb 5, 2012
Hey y’all!
Long story short: I brought her inside the second week of may because her eye was irritated. Saline flushes, antibiotic eye ointment and respiratory support. Then she went lame. Found lice; treated and gone. Then found roundworms; starting second round today. The lameness lasted about five days; she’s been mobile and more active.

Her eye is still itchy. I started to wonder if there is something deep in her eyelid that I can’t see so I was trying to take a look yesterday and noticed two small bumps above her eye. I recall seeing them when her eye was most irritated, but didn’t really notice them, if that makes sense. What are they? How do I treat them so she doesn’t itch so much? [second pic is from May 24]

Attachments

• E39B3112-DA9B-4A3B-8595-D4FABC8E3CDA.jpeg
    E39B3112-DA9B-4A3B-8595-D4FABC8E3CDA.jpeg
    450.9 KB · Views: 40
  • 91E3F00A-1943-4AB5-B6CD-B52064E3077F.jpeg
    91E3F00A-1943-4AB5-B6CD-B52064E3077F.jpeg
    394.2 KB · Views: 8
It could be due to scratching at her eyelids because of the lice. Is she able to move her legs and wings normally now, and walk around? Was she vaccinated for Mareks?

It could be due to scratching at her eyelids because of the lice. Is she able to move her legs and wings normally now, and walk around? Was she vaccinated for Mareks?
Vaccinated for Mareks, yes. I haven’t seen a single louse in about two weeks. She’s able to flap, move, and run. We’ve got her roosting on a 4” wide block while she’s in crate, kind of retraining her to roost after not being able to balance for a bit. The bumps haven’t changed in size at all since the beginning.

She also has green poop. I’ve searched the other forums and I’m not finding anything quite like what my hen is going through. I just want her to be healthy again so she can rejoin her flock.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    653.6 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom