Bunny milk recipe

Katy_reeves

Hatching
May 23, 2022
I have a rabbit who neglected it’s baby’s and I have another rabbit who had babies so I’ve been using her to feed the babies who were neglected but I was wondering does anyone know a milk replacement recipe?

About the one that neglected the bunnies: it is normal for rabbits to feed their bunnies only once or twice a day. This is very different than baby people or puppies, who nurse frequently. Usually round bellies mean they are fine, but thin flat bellies mean they are not getting enough.

How many total bunnies are there? What breed or size is the mother that will feed them?
You might be able to combine them all in one nest and just let her raise them. Depending on how many bunnies, the doe will certainly need a lot of food (like free-choice alfalfa-based rabbit pellets, and maybe free-choice alfalfa hay as well. Not the diet of timothy hay and strictly limited pellets that is often recommended for non-breeding pet rabbits.)

If you really do need to bottle feed them, here is one site I found with some recipes:
https://www.rudolphsrabbitranch.com/handraising.htm
The site says it is a list of recipes they have found on the internet, but they do not know for sure which ones work or how well. It might at least save you searching the whole internet just to find the same list.

Back
Top Bottom