Bunny sexing

Anime2lover

Keeper of tiny dinos
Apr 17, 2019
Our newzeland momma gave birth to four babies about four months ago and we've been trying to figure out their genders. Tried to sex by looking but we are not 100℅ on that method yet. None have been seen mounting any of the others at all. Is it possible their all one gender? Or simply not old enough to yet?

At 4 months they should be able to be sexed.... are you applying some pressure down there to see if it's a boy?
We tried doing that earlier in age and weren't able to tell. Though I'm no expert at it, that was the first time we had tried it. You mean to apply pressure in the private areas right?

I have just got 3 rabbits that are about 1 mo. it is pretty clear that all of them are girls. the same way I use to sex kittens, it looks exactly the same. a little cut line in their thing. males would have a little ball in the middle.

Yes. Sometimes you need to apply a bit more pressure when they are younger..... not enough to hurt them.. but some pressure and stretching should reveal what you need to know. There are a few good youtube videos that can walk you through it.... however some bunnies need a little more pressure. I had a buck that I was convinced was a doe until he started mounting my other buck.... so I decided to check again and whoops!!! Out it came with just a bit more pressure! 🤭

Yes. Sometimes you need to apply a bit more pressure when they are younger..... not enough to hurt them.. but some pressure and stretching should reveal what you need to know. There are a few good youtube videos that can walk you through it.... however some bunnies need a little more pressure. I had a buck that I was convinced was a doe until he started mounting my other buck.... so I decided to check again and whoops!!! Out it came with just a bit more pressure! 🤭
Mine haven't been doing any mounting. There's one bunny that's unusually sweet compared to the siblings and I'm hoping that it's a female so we can keep her for breeding stock instead of meat. I adore her to much for that. But we already have an unrelated breeding male.

Back
Top Bottom