Buried eggs

My post to chickens really was gobbled up a cyber space monster...lol. I absolutely love the idea of curtains in my coop. There was a few pictures somewhere that were so cute. I believe I'll try that too. Love love love that idea. <3

I'll try moving one down and see if that helps. My hens don't seem to like anything new in the coop or run. I tried to give them some organic lettuce in a white plastic pan so it wouldn't get dirty and you would have thought I put a snake in the run. If it isn't red I've learned not to add it. When I first added the boxes and they came up they sat in the middle of the coop and wouldn't move or get on their perch for about 3 days. The nesting boxes even have a little perch but the just ignore them. I tried to post a picture of my coop the other day but it wouldn't post. I'll see if I can post one again. I might not have been a member long enough or not enough post or picture posting challenged. lol

The picture above was before it was finished but you can see inside better. This is now and shows the nesting boxes.
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Your coop is as cute as mine...I hung my curtains yesterday and my ladies are all trying out the boxes now...It wont hurt to hang them and see how it works out for your hens? Every year I have started new hens they love the curtains...As I said though, I never worry if eggs are on the floor...Soon enough they figure it out...Your nests are not too high either....Perfect set up..Nice and clean...

Cheers!

Thank you very much chickens really. I think I have some red fabric around here somewhere. I think I'll just do a no sew curtain and hot glue it on...lol
This morning I boiled my extra quail eggs, chopped them up and put then in a white plastic pan. That's all I'm willing to sacrifice atm. They took off to the ramp and upstairs. I went inside thinking they would come down and try it but when I went back out they were still upstairs and fussed at me a little. So I talked to them and moved the pan inside the coop. Karot finally edged her way over and grabbed a piece then quickly moved away. They took quite a while sneaking up on the pan grabbing a piece then running. I think I'm going to have to give them my red pie plate. It's easily replacable. Post pics of your coop and curtains if you can please. Would love to see it! :D

Last edited:
Thank you very much chickens really. I think I have some red fabric around here somewhere. I think I'll just do a no sew curtain and hot glue it on...lol
This morning I boiled my extra quail eggs, chopped them up and put then in a white plastic pan. That's all I'm willing to sacrifice atm. They took off to the ramp and upstairs. I went inside thinking they would come down and try it but when I went back out they were still upstairs and fussed at me a little. So I talked to them and moved the pan inside the coop. Karot finally edged her way over and grabbed a piece then quickly moved away. They took quite a while sneaking up on the pan grabbing a piece then running. I think I'm going to have to give them my red pie plate. It's easily replacable. Post pics of your coop and curtains if you can please. Would love to see it!
big_smile.png
I will try to send photos, for some reason they will not load??? My laptop has seen better days...Ill try again from my phone....

Enjoy the Chickens

Can't wait to see them chickens really. Try reducing the size. Mine wouldn't load either originally. When I reduce the size they did but there was a few other reasons they may not have loaded.

Yes, I think the eggs will be fine if they lay them on the floor. I'm really looking forward to curtains...hehe

Should I paint the walls inside my coop? Is there any benifit for the chickens? I wanted to lime paint it but it's impossible to find the correct lime and shipping is ridiculous online. I did paint the floor with my favorite turquoise paint I always keep on hand.

Thank you all for help guys it very much appreciated.

Can't wait to see them chickens really. Try reducing the size. Mine wouldn't load either originally. When I reduce the size they did but there was a few other reasons they may not have loaded.

Yes, I think the eggs will be fine if they lay them on the floor. I'm really looking forward to curtains...hehe

Should I paint the walls inside my coop? Is there any benifit for the chickens? I wanted to lime paint it but it's impossible to find the correct lime and shipping is ridiculous online. I did paint the floor with my favorite turquoise paint I always keep on hand.

Thank you all for help guys it very much appreciated.
Haha!!! I never painted the inside of my coop or the nest boxes.. I sometimes take a wire brush to the walls to get rid of the poop...My outside of my coop is stucco...I painted it white and the trim is a nice light green....I have sand in my coop also...I use a kitty litter scoop daily to pick up poop and it stays so clean...

I will try to get pictures....Might have to get my son to do it for me?? Haha!

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom