BURNT BOSS would you feed them to your birds?

sonew123

Poultry Snuggie
11 Years
Mar 16, 2009
onchiota NY
Weird question..I know...BUT at my job we autoclave BOSS and give as extra environmental enrichment...extra protein..prevents canabolism..etc...welll...one of my employees accidently forgot to unload 50 pounds of it and it sat in a hot autoclave all weekend...I tasted it and bleah! But what a waste to throw away if theres anything about them my birds could benefit from? Im thinking throw away!!! But what would you do and why?

If it's just overcooked, I can't see any problem with it, but if it is charcoal I would put it in the compost. I wasn't able to find any information about it on the web.

Imp

btw- Googling Burnt Boss might not be a great idea. Although I found it strangely freeing.
lol.png

If it's just overcooked, I can't see any problem with it, but if it is charcoal I would put it in the compost. I wasn't able to find any information about it on the web.

Imp

btw- Googling Burnt Boss might not be a great idea. Although I found it strangely freeing.
lol.png

lau.gif
Thanks Imp! Yeah its burnt....Ill throw it away tomorrow...Im afraid to google burnt anything!
hide.gif

A bit of charcoal will not hurt them. If they will eat it..

I would try offering it. If they eat it, then fine, they can have it. If not, then into the compost bin it goes.

Nutrition might have been lowered, but it won't be toxic.

I'd have a very stern look for that employee. It's not like 50 pounds of BOSS is the end of the world, but it isn't cheap enough to waste, either.

I'd dump it on the bedded garden and let the chickens do what they will. Either way it would end up in the garden.

A bit of charcoal will not hurt them. If they will eat it..

I would try offering it. If they eat it, then fine, they can have it. If not, then into the compost bin it goes.

Nutrition might have been lowered, but it won't be toxic.

I'd have a very stern look for that employee. It's not like 50 pounds of BOSS is the end of the world, but it isn't cheap enough to waste, either.

Im grateful it wasn't our normal 500$ load of food we sterilize! Haha..compost it went on top of 10 feet of snow..lol

Back
Top Bottom