Burping chook!

ufflepish

In the Brooder
May 17, 2023
One of my favourite girls, Caramel, and best layers has stopped laying and I’m worried she has some digestive issues.

Another hyline brown, her sister, previously had an issue with a bloated crop that was blocked and subsequently yeast infected. When that chook had that issue she would proceed with this particular neck waggle as if she was adjusting her crop.

Caramel on the other hand is stretching out her neck with her beak open and it sounds like she’s gassy or she’s breathing heavily. Her crop feels fine to me, though her poos bounce between the regular chook poop (like the other girls, solid and dark with a white cap) to a foamy yellow.

Do you think i should go with dewormer or skip all that and jump straight on the nystastin ?

If possible, getting a fecal float would tell you is she needs to be dewormed. If that's not possible, then I'd deworm and treat the crop problem as well.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/

She's not been laying eggs, so she may be starting to have some reproductive problems. Often crop symptoms arise with these disorders as well. Hopefully you can get her back on track.

Back
Top Bottom