Update on my bantam! This morning my hen had an almost empty crop, which made me very happy. And almost zero jerking today (once when I gave her a massage and once when she ate). I’ve noticed her poops are very gritty, so maybe things are finally moving along.
Great to hear! So did you end up doing the ultrasound or no? We went on vacation for nearly two weeks and our hen’s crop is not better, but also not worse. Hard to know what to do at this point. Getting her a crop bra to help support and hopefully prevent pendulous crop and am going to try an antibiotic in case of an infection.

Great to hear! So did you end up doing the ultrasound or no? We went on vacation for nearly two weeks and our hen’s crop is not better, but also not worse. Hard to know what to do at this point. Getting her a crop bra to help support and hopefully prevent pendulous crop and am going to try an antibiotic in case of an infection.
We never did the ultrasound and her crop fluctuates, but never really empties overnight. Sometimes it doesn’t empty at all, sometimes it empties almost completely. I am also at a loss as to what to do about her, but she doesn’t act any differently; poops normally, eats and drinks normally. Took her to the vet today and the vet said “she seems fine” so I guess I’ll just leave her be for now.

We never did the ultrasound and her crop fluctuates, but never really empties overnight. Sometimes it doesn’t empty at all, sometimes it empties almost completely. I am also at a loss as to what to do about her, but she doesn’t act any differently; poops normally, eats and drinks normally. Took her to the vet today and the vet said “she seems fine” so I guess I’ll just leave her be for now.
Well, that’s good. Glad she improved before the ultrasound. It is confusing, though, isn’t it? Glad she’s otherwise normal with no other symptoms. My girl stills acts normal too, except she’s not laying, so I know it’s still a problem. We will see…

Well, that’s good. Glad she improved before the ultrasound. It is confusing, though, isn’t it? Glad she’s otherwise normal with no other symptoms. My girl stills acts normal too, except she’s not laying, so I know it’s still a problem. We will see…
Chickens can be very confusing sometimes! Mine still lays, so I guess she’s good for now. Today her crop was almost empty besides some rocks, which made me happy. I hope your girl gets through it alright!

Back
Top Bottom