But your honor, you can't arrest my husband for having a dingbat for a wife ( or something like that

That's just incredible about all the injured/sick judges, and wow, something seems very fishy about a lawyer calling.
hu.gif

Oh my goodness I can not believe all that happened for you guys.That is so crazy all the sick and injured.I will be sure to keep my insurance card in the glove and my seltbelt on at all times. I can't believe grumpy cop saw you weren't wearinga seatbelt.Good eyes.

Yea everyone being sick or injured started to be a bit freeky. We were joking around as we left that the courtroom was cursed and we better get out while we still could. It was nuts.

The lawyers calling is due to them posting cases I guess. The lawyers have free access to the lists from what I could gather. We had several call. I was a bit annoyed by that part, especially when they went out of their way to freak me out and it turned out to be such a simple thing. I actually called and asked if they sold the information but was told they get it from public records. Still annoying.

Glad to hear that it worked out for you, even with the stress that you endured and time spent in court.

In my area, there surely would be a fine.

Two cases of interests I heard while waiting in court:

One lady had a flat tire in a dark night. Feeling unsafe in that surrounding, she called the police for help. The police smelled alcohol, and asked her to take a breath test. This woman had some wine at a Thanksgiving dinner party. She, having no prior DUI record or experience, felt indignant and refused. As a result, her license was suspended and she was fined a ton of money.

Another lady, starting to pull into a parking spot, realized that it was a handicapped spot. She put her car in reverse and was boxed in from behind by a patrol car and given a ticket. She felt so violated that came to court wanting to fight the ticket. Now she will have to keep coming back. Our court will postpone the trial for the slightest reason to wear the defendants down.

There are good cops and judges, but there are rotten apples too. The system of quota here fosters the problem.

Good thing you weren't here in Massachusetts. They charge you 50.00 to go to court. Even if you win you dont get your money back, if you loose you get to pay your fine on top of it. The minimum fine is 150.00 for any violation and it only goes up from there.

glad you got out of it. here in wv if you show paperwork showing you had insurance they will drop it usually. and usually they'll drop it if the officer doesn't show up to court.

In Massachusetts I probably would not have had to go through any of this. My BIL is a state cop there. When we did live there he even did checks on the car when we came over. Lord help you if even a light was out because then he was driving you to the parts store to get one.

[COLOR=000000]Glad to hear that it worked out for you, even with the stress that you endured and time spent in court. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=000000]In my area, there surely would be a fine.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=000000]Two cases of interests I heard while waiting in court: [/COLOR]

[COLOR=000000]One lady had a flat tire in a dark night.  Feeling unsafe in that surrounding, she called the police for help.  The police smelled alcohol, and asked her to take a breath test.  This woman had some wine at a Thanksgiving dinner party.  She, having no prior DUI record or experience, felt indignant and refused.  As a result, her license was suspended and she was fined a ton of money.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=000000]Another lady, starting to pull into a parking spot, realized that it was a handicapped spot.  She put her car in reverse and was boxed in from behind by a patrol car and given a ticket.  She felt so violated that came to court wanting to fight the ticket.  Now she will have to keep coming back.  Our court will postpone the trial for the slightest reason to wear the defendants down.[/COLOR]

[SIZE=11pt][COLOR=000000]There are good cops and judges, but there are rotten apples too.  The system of quota here fosters the problem.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

when you get your license, you agree that you will submit at anytime to a test. Failure to do so means that you lose your license.

Back
Top Bottom