butt of the problem

zade11

Songster
9 Years
Mar 11, 2010
Evansville Indiana
im new to this. i got 6 baby chicks today and i was trying to clean off their booties. but when i looked at one he had brown tenticle looking things coming out of his butt area. is this norm?

i dont have a camera...almost look like he might just have some sort of dingleberry but he starts to squeak loud when i try to pull it off

You need to soak his butt in a nice warm bath to loosen whatever's there. Then you can clean him thoroughly - and dry him really quickly so he doesn't get cold, and you can see what's really there. Could it just be poop attached to feathers?

Quote:
I have been prepared every time i check the chicks to clean the butts of each one I handle, need it or not. Cleaned every butt every time with warm water dipping a paper towel and pressing/wiping gently on their butt several times will loosen anything and keeps them clean; you must change towel every chick.. No pasty butt problems to speak of and drying is easy with a paper towel.

Only needed to worry about this for a short time, they grow extremely fast.

Good Luck!
thumbsup.gif

I'm completely new so any info from me take with a grain of salt...
big_smile.png
wink.png
BUT, where is there little yolk thing absorbed? could it be something like that? maybe you should clean the butt area from poop but not "pull" it? IDK!!!
hmm.png
GL!!!

we've come to the conclusion that it's just poo stuck to some feathers. we're gonna trim them tomorrow since we're having trouble cleaning them

Back
Top Bottom