Buttercup/Silkie roo needs new home in CT

Henrietta23

Songster
12 Years
Oct 20, 2007
Eastern CT
Oliver6-17.jpg

Oliver hatched here on Feb 21 of this year. He's a pretty guy but he's crowing a bit too much for my neighborhood. He does it every couple of hours throughout the day and it isn't awful, but we're the only ones around here with a rooster and I'm feeling guilty about it. None of the neighbors have complained yet, but I can hear them grumbling in my imagination. The other issues are that I can't let my ducks out when he's out. He's very aggressive(toward the blue swedish drake, though I'm not sure who started it) and I'm worried the drake may hurt him. He tolerates my silkie roo, his half brother, to a point, but I think that is only because George knows where he stands and stays out of Oliver's way. For the most part Oliver is mellow, but twice he has flown at my leg, and twice at my mom's, mildly scratching us. Never my DH or my 6 year old son. My gut tells me he'd be happier with more space. We only have a half acre in the backyard for the birds, and only 13 hens for the two roos.
I'd love to see him go somewhere he will be happier. We were enjoying him but I'm getting tired of cringing every time he crows and not being able to work in the yard without a broom handy to swat him away.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom