Buttercup X anything

wclawrence

Songster
12 Years
Sep 14, 2007
Paulding County Georgia
I am looking for a few good pics of the comb of any Buttercup x (anything.) Anyone with birds that are Half Buttercup or know the genetics involved in the comb (and how they breed) please post here. Thanks!

I have 6 chicks that are 5 weeks old and belong to my buttercup roo and their sex-link mom's. So far only two appear to be roos and they don't have buttercup combs yet though the two roos have combs developing they don't look like buttercup combs. I would post pics but they wouldn't do much good yet. I'm thinking the black sex-link genetics are dominant because they look like brown barred rocks instead of a sex-link or a buttercup.

Okay, here are some pics from different angles. In the first one, the Buttercup is in the bottom left corner.
hugomordred.jpg

This one is kinda blurry but you can see his comb better.
mordred.jpg

It looked a bit like moose antlers when he was younger, before it grew in properly.

Rosalind;
If you were to breed the Buttercup rooster to that (is she a Golden Campine?) hen in the top pic, you would get some beautiful birds!
Not that you dont already have beautiful birds. You do. Just saying is all.

That's actually a Buttercup hen, not a Campine. They look similar though. You can't see it in the picture, but she also has a teeny little double comb.

I'd get some nervous, flighty birds, that's for sure. Not a huge fan of these Buttercups, I think I like the friendly birds better. They are pretty though.

Back
Top Bottom