Butterfest 2008 - Or My Supper Plans

MissPrissy

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
May 7, 2007
Forks, Virginia
Today is our anniversary. Instead of going out to an over-priced, poorly-cooked restaurant dinner I chose to cook supper for us myself.

All 6 of us. The kids always say, "When we got married." So, it is always supper for 6 on July 19th.

Here's the menu -

Sugar and Salt roasted potatoes - loaded with butter
Fresh corn on the cob - rolling in butter
Fresh asparagus - dressed with butter
Potato rolls - slathered in butter

Snow crab legs - you got it - swimming in butter

I am trying to decide if I should throw in some shrimp or slap a steak on the grill to go with it.

Bon appetite!

Awww...my anniversary is tomorrow
smile.png

I think of it this way: you only live once, and if you don't eat tons of butter/chocolate/cream/etc, you will look back and regret it!

Oh, this sounds delicious!
smile.png
And the sugar and salt potatoes sounds like a recipe we need ...would you post?

Happy Anniversary!

Last edited:
The potatoes are super easy.

Scrub your baking potatoes well so you can eat the skins. While damp roll one side in flaked, kosher or sea salt. Roll the other side in sugar. Wrap in foil. place in a 450F oven and bake until soft.

The sugars will melt and carmelize and run into the salt and the skins of the potatoes are just devine with butter and sour cream on your potato.

Thanks, Miss Prissy, for posting that. Sounds wonderful! I'll try it tomorrow, since we just finished pizza. But I'll be dreaming about potatoes tonight.
lol.png

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MP.
Ohhhh, butter for dinner......YUM!!!!!!
tongue.png

I am going to make those taters for dinner tomorrow....sounds YUMMY!! Thanks...and enjoy your "family anniversary dinner"

Back
Top Bottom