Butterscotch Update Page 6

Quote:
Whoa, you have NO idea what sarcasm is do you?
lau.gif

Quote:
This comes directly from Purina's website:

How and When to Feed:

Feed Purina Mills
00ae.png
Layena
00ae.png
SunFresh
00ae.png
Recipe free-choice as the sole ration to free-range and confined laying chickens (including backyard egg producers, small to medium breeds and fancy and exotic breeds) after 18 weeks of age and throughout the laying cycle.
Purina Mills
00ae.png
Layena
00ae.png
SunFresh
00ae.png
Recipe is best fed one month before hens begin to lay, but not any earlier than 18 weeks of age.
Purina Mills
00ae.png
Layena SunFresh
00ae.png
Recipe can be fed to both adult male and female chickens, ducks, geese and turkeys.

Always provide shelter and a constant supply of fresh, clean water.
Consumption will vary depending upon season of the year, nutritional needs of the animals and availability of other foods.

Quote:
I beg to differ. I switched brands of feed, without mixing the old with the new (I'd completely run out of the old stuff), and all my girls ended up with diarrhea for over a week. The feed bags even give you the ratio of how to mix the chick feed with the layer feed.

Arklady... why would we use UNmedicated if she has coccidia and the medication is supposed to be for coccidia??

medicated starter is developed for chicks to help cope with cocci and build up a balance/"resistance" so their systems do not become overwhelmed... if the bird becomes overwhelmed with the cocci and you need to treat then a higher dosage is required than what is in the medicated starter... in general you should not mix meds and if you are treating with a cocci med then you should not be using medicated starter.

Thank you DLHunicorn, we will immediately take the chick starter out cuz it is the medicated. I guess it is a learning process. It just makes it so heart wrenching when lives are at stake. I always appreciate your input and guidance.

And what if she still has blood in her poop after the 4 days of half dosage of the Sulmet? She is getting several Tablespoons of yogurt everyday also. She was much spunkier this morning when we brought her in....much more interested in exploring than being held...."sniff" ...trying not to take it personally
smile.png
I think it is a good sign.

Hey look how beautiful I am!

DSCN1513.jpg

Luke doesn't need this water, I'm sure it was put here for me
tongue.png

DSCN1527.jpg

Last edited:
I am assuming you have the proper dosage instructions for the sulpha med you are giving her...have you followed that precisely? You are giving sulmet? (Just in case here are the instructions/dosage for SULMET :
http://www.drugs.com/vet/sulmet-soluble-powder.html
(sulmet (sulpha drugs) is toxic when overdosed)

...have you wormed her ? cappillaria can cause blood in stools.

Back
Top Bottom