Butterscotch Update Page 6

jeaucamom

Songster
12 Years
Oct 1, 2007
Ophir, CA
Ok guys. We are trying to pick up the pieces and are going to stay strong for Butterscotch. We decided to start a new topic for her, since the other one was mainly for Tira (
hit.gif
).

There is not very much to update as of yet. She is eating drinking and pooping, all though her poo is still a little blood tainted from the cocci.
My daughter and I took her out and dusted her with DE this afternoon. Heh heh...she was NOT happy with us! She was giving us looks and sounds that just screamed :thun. LOL.

We are going to see if we can get the name and/or adress of the people that dropped them off. Lets just say that if they still have any birds we will be offering to "help" them with the sick or unwanted ones. As soon as we get B. integrated in with the rest of our chicken we will be heading back to the feed store to buy any other birds they might have since acquired, seeing as that they are just about as much to blame as the people who dropped them off in the first place.

Last edited:
You and your daughter are angels!
Butterscotch and your little flock, and any other chicken that graces your threshold will surely be among the best cared for creatures in your area!
Go team jeaucamom!

Butterscotch is one lucky chicken to have you and your daughter caring for her....and loving her.... hope all goes well with her.
fl.gif

GOOD NEWS!!!!!
woot.gif

Her poo is COMPLETELY normal!! No blood whatsoever! We can now see nothing that gives us any type of concern about her health!
wee.gif

So how long should we wait until we begin the integration process??? Mom was thinking 6 weeks (this is Jess BTW). Should we really wait that long???

Also, she is on a 50/50 mix of medicated chick started and layer pellets. How soon should we switch her over to 100% layer pellets??? Should we put oyster shell and grit with the pellets??? Thnx

Yay for Butterscotch! I bet she saw how sad you were about Tiramisu, and that made her want to get better for you.

I'd wait several more weeks before letting her move in with your flock.

Back
Top Bottom