Button eggs hatching in 3 days :D - 6 HATCHED so far and piks

well its 6pm here and still nothing
hmm.png
well theres a really faint crack on one of the eggs and a few moments ago i quickly snuck one of them out without affecting the humidity alot and put it next to my ear and heard tapping and felt the egg move from the inside and that lifted my spirits again
clap.gif
quickly snuck it back in and now im just keepin an eye on them every hour especially the one with the crack ..so draining, the anxiety of it all i cant wait hehe
unless they all get a random burst of energy in the next 6 hours and hatch altogether i dont think any of them are gonna hatch til day 17
but hope they do
fl.gif
cant wait to see them for the first time and share some piks hehe its still hard to imagine how small theyre gonna be when i look at these eggs
ep.gif
real life mini eggs
ya.gif

pop.gif
pop.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
I've hatched 2 batches of these now. None of them hatched until day 18, and a few each time took until day 22.

Believe me, they're smaller than bumblebees. Just wait an hour and then come back to it.

The more you open the incubator, you are bringing in cool air and delaying hatch to the other eggs. Some eggs may even quit
sad.png
Just patience my friend. That's why they call it lockdown. You don't open until the hatching is over
smile.png

Thanks for the replies everyone
smile.png
i figured that watching them just isnt healthy so i eventually just emptied my mind of worry and went to bed
buttttt look what I just woke up to
big_smile.png

48888_59087_1391907599462_1285304120_897273_5716560_n.jpg

sorry its fuzzy i had to do it on my webcam but when more hatch il upload the ones from my phone

I was so suprised Im so glad that i woke up early around 7am I never do usually so something must of told me in my head hehe its sooooooo small Q__Q it must of hatched like 2 hours ago or something cause its been an hour that iv been up looking at him and hes starting to get more and more active every minute (if its a he)
lol.png
wee.gif
wee.gif

Im a little sad i missed the first one to come out though
sad.png
but theres 9 more eggs and alot of them have pipped since last night

OMG.. OMGGG ONE JUST HATCHED RIGHT NOW
ep.gif
ep.gif
ep.gif
ep.gif
ep.gif
I abandoned what i was typing when i looked over and saw a little head sticking out of an egg hahaha this si so wierd it was so instant im so sure that i didnt see any zipping on any of the eggs when i was wathcing the first guy haha
lau.gif

Well 4 more have hatched since the last 2 so six altogether now out of the 10 eggs in the incubator
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
the 4 eggs left- one was rotten and almost empty i could tell by how it stood and the weight of it, the 3 still in the incubator, only one looks promising and it has a pip but just gonna cross my fingers and hope for the best
fl.gif
fl.gif

the six in the brooder atm are soooooooo cute they have already learnt how to drink
cool.png
they are real life bumblebees on legs hehe
bow.gif
bow.gif
wee.gif

heres some piks

48888_2010-09-03_070730.jpg

The first hatched

48888_2010-09-03_085852.jpg

The fourth chick (what I thought was the third one- one secretly hatched while i was watching this one zip) zipping.

48888_2010-09-03_101014.jpg

awwwwww
wee.gif
clap.gif

48888_2010-09-03_151033.jpg

6 fluffees in the brooder ^____^ all healthy and sleepy
Looks like thsi hatch has already been a success especially considering they were shipped
big_smile.png
yaaaay
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

They are soooo cute. They get big quick, so enjoy them. If the other haven't hatched, go ahead and open them. They most likely did not make it, but you may still have one or two still alive that just need a hand.

Good Luck,
Teresa

Back
Top Bottom