Moorat

In the Brooder
9 Years
Feb 12, 2010
London, UK
the eggs are wobbling im so excited
big_smile.png
wee.gif

Btw my incubator stops turning the eggs 3 days before but alot of people stop turning eggs 2 days before would this effect the eggs and should i hand turn them for one more day?
and the only feed I can get near me that is unmedicated is organic chick crumbles.. I know that i have to crumble them to a finer quality so the babies dont choke but I dont think it has the right protein percentage after reading what quails need.. how could I add protein to it if possible? what about brewers yeast? Im gonna be giving them boiled egg yolk too for the first week
any answers and additional tips from whoever has owned quails will be sooo appreciated
smile.png
i dont wana do anything wrong! hehe

Last edited:
Three days is fine. In the wild, the birds stop turning 3 days before hatch.
You can add protein by crumbling hard boiled egg...great source!

Mine always start hatching a day or so early. Be prepared. THey are so cute and mine hatched pretty quick. All of the suddent there was a tiny little bird walking around in my bator.

Also, we give ours game bird feed and put it in the blender to make it nice and small.

Last edited:
Yaaaay thanks guys
wee.gif
im so motivated I cant wait for the little fuzzy bees to pop out I hope they come a day early like yours it would be a nice suprise hehe Iv been looking everywhere for gamebird starter but cant find it in london
sad.png
but no worries now im jus gonna stock up on some eggs
big_smile.png

btw would wood shavings be ok for bedding? from what iv been seeing on youtube and google theyre so tiny that they would probably get lost in the hay i usually use for my chickens and ducks when they were little fuzzies in the brooder ^_^

Defo!! dont worry im gonna bombard this post with pictures when they hatch hehe it never gets old, that feeling that your bringing life into this world
ya.gif
especially when theyr always so cute!!

Wellll its officially the start of day 16 according to my incubator and no signs of pipping yet in any of them D:
hide.gif
but im not gonna worry just yet its late at night and from what im reading about buttons i wont be suprised to wake up to a mass of babies hehe but i wont keep my hopes too high I know how painful it can be when you do
old.gif
old.gif
old.gif

Iv lined the bottom of my incubator with kitchen towel too so the babies can have a nice grip when they try to stand but on the downside at the moment I cant see the eggs wobbling
hmm.png
so i dunno whats goin on in there but im just gonna wait til tomorrow and let you guys know what happens
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom