How do quail have to be before incubating their eggs?

Patiocoturnix

🦠
Premium Feather Member
Jun 15, 2023
West central Florida
How long should I let my quail lay before trying to hatch their eggs? Was gonna do a batch of my quails eggs but don’t know if they are old enough for an embryo to form they’ve been laying for about a month and a half now all around 3-4 months old don’t know the exact age. Obviously they don’t sit on their eggs so I have an incubator. I was hopeful a couple of times but they sat for 2-3 hours then never touched them again. Anyways thank you in advance to whoever reads and responds to this.

Any fertile eggs can form an embryo, they don't have to be a certain age. It's best to wait for the eggs to get full sized to use for incubation. They should be ok to incubate now.

Any fertile eggs can form an embryo, they don't have to be a certain age. It's best to wait for the eggs to get full sized to use for incubation. They should be ok to incubate now.
Ok thank you just wanted to make sure my quail have seemed to get into a normal laying size so I will try if it doesn’t work it doesn’t hurt to try.

I usually wait 2-4 weeks after they start laying before incubating the eggs from a new layer. Unless I get impatient like I did for my jumbos. I have a few in the incubator from them that are only a week or so after they started laying. We'll see if they develop.

I usually wait 2-4 weeks after they start laying before incubating the eggs from a new layer. Unless I get impatient like I did for my jumbos. I have a few in the incubator from them that are only a week or so after they started laying. We'll see if they develop.
Ok so I should be good as they have been laying for about a month and a half. Thank you for the help.

I usually wait 7 to 14 days after they start laying....sometimes an extra day or two but if you have the right ratio of males to females they should be laying fertile eggs by that time.

I usually wait 7 to 14 days after they start laying....sometimes an extra day or two but if you have the right ratio of males to females they should be laying fertile eggs by that time.
Ok yeah I have 1 male and 4 females and when I have eaten their eggs I can see their bullseye so I know they are fertile I had 5 females but it died were guessing it hit its head on the top of the cage or something but so far we have had no over mating. Again thank you all to who have helped me with this question about to throw a batch in the bator.

Back
Top Bottom