Button Quail - Boys? Girls? Colors? PICS!!!

maggienchamp

Chirping
8 Years
Aug 22, 2011
*** I have this posted in the quail forum, but I'm hoping I'll get more answers with it being in this section :) ***

A little less than 6 weeks ago I hatched Button Quails for the first time ever! Out of 18 eggs, 9 of them hatched
smile.png
Now that they are of age, I was hoping you guys could help me figure out genders and colors!

Right now I have just two cages, one is about 2x the size of the other, so I have 6 Buttons in the bigger cage and 3 in the smaller one. Once I determine the genders, I will be seperating them into as many pairs possible (depending on the female/male ratio). Then I will have to come up with something for the remaining Buttons. Any advice is appreciated!

Here are the pics:

(#'s 1-4) I have four of these guys, all the same colors and markings - they are males, correct?

(#'s 5 & 6) The button on the left is quite different compared to the others, she is the only one I have of that color. And the button on the right I have two of :)

(#7)

(#'s 8 & 9)

Currently I have button #'s 8, 9, and then one of the four males in the smaller cage together. The rest are living in the larger cage :) They all seem to be doing great and getting along very well.

Thanks for any suggestions/help!

#1-4 yes these are males
#5 Female
#6 female
#7 ?female
#8 ?male
#9 female

Everything I'm pretty sure on except for 7&8. And I'm unsure on the colors since its been so long since I've had them. I hope this helps!

#1-4 yes these are males
#5 Female
#6 female
#7 ?female
#8 ?male
#9 female
Everything I'm pretty sure on except for 7&8. And I'm unsure on the colors since its been so long since I've had them. I hope this helps!
Thanks! Maybe somebody knows what #'s 7 and 8 are? Oh, and colors too! My guess is that #'s 1-4 are Normal Red Breasted, #5 is a Golden Pearl, #'s 6 & 9 are Normal Red Breasted, and then maybe #7 is a cinnamon? Those are just guesses, and I'm not sure what #8 is. I don't really know my colors well yet
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom