Button quail chicks *Pics* *Update*

Quote:
Thanks, thats good to know. Your website is wonderful, special the color ID page. I have a quick question, is the Golden Red Breasted the same as a Darth Vader. And one more thing, how does a Golden Red Breasted Female look like, and a Red Breasted Female look like, are they a like or very different.

Thanks,

Alex

The Dath Vader is the same as the Golden Red Breasted.
smile.png

Thanks Mrs. Fluffy Puffy. Would anybody have pictures of both Golden Red Breasted and Red Breasted Female by any chance. I have a female but really do not what it is because I have not seen a picture like it on the internet.

Thanks

Thank you for the comment
wink.png

The darth vader is the same as the golden red breasted, yes
smile.png
It's just a term that was coined a while back
THe golden red breast used to be called the red breasted but it can argued at times. Your avatar shows a red breasted hen and golden red breast male
smile.png

Thanks, quailladyoffortmyers. So would a Golden Red Breasted female be lighter and with black speckles.

Is this a Golden Red Breasted
27351_img_0859.jpg

Thanks

The boy in back is a Golden red breasted, the female is a normal red breasted. A Golden red breasted is a little lighter, more white and speckles..It's really hard to get golden red breast hens since more and more people are colony breeding.

I have one hen, the others housed with the Golden red breasted are the normal red breasted.

Fluffy~ You have a Golden pearl in back and a wild red breast in front (can't see his front so it may be all blue= if so then it is a wild chinese blue breasted...

I will sometimes refer to these guys as Chinese Blue Breasted quail (cbbq) because they really aren't "true" button quail per se. The button quail is another coined term but I use it
smile.png

Thanks for the help everone. I was really confused with the Golden Red Breasted Female, allways looking at pictures online but never really gotten the real info on them. If I am correct you said you only have one Golden Red Breasted Female, I never knew they were that hard to breed. That explains why I have never hatched one before. Now I want one really bad
barnie.gif

I will post a few pictures of the chicks when they are 2 weeks old so ya can see them.

Thanks,

Alex

Back
Top Bottom