Button quail color identification

Artwoolf

Hatching
Dec 22, 2020
Alright so my quail I know I have 2 red breasted and 1 blue face the other two
IMG_20201214_205441633~2.jpg

This is cinimon as time has gone on they have this dark and light gray look hey have red vent feathers so assumed male there 4 almost 5 weeks old now and they haven't changed I figure there look wouldn't change much asside from looking more adult what color is this? It's so hard to tell becouse slate silver silver red breasted even nothing that looks similar looks similar enough to be a match there name is cinimon becouse we thought it was gonna be a cinimon color at first o.o also the light grey is seemingly speckled onto them as if someone was painting them there very prominent dark grey light grey feathers with blended feathers between
IMG_20201222_121629709.jpg

This is a enhanced image of bumblebee we figured there a silver tuxedo? Is that right?

Alright so my quail I know I have 2 red breasted and 1 blue face the other two View attachment 2459936
This is cinimon as time has gone on they have this dark and light gray look hey have red vent feathers so assumed male there 4 almost 5 weeks old now and they haven't changed I figure there look wouldn't change much asside from looking more adult what color is this? It's so hard to tell becouse slate silver silver red breasted even nothing that looks similar looks similar enough to be a match there name is cinimon becouse we thought it was gonna be a cinimon color at first o.o also the light grey is seemingly speckled onto them as if someone was painting them there very prominent dark grey light grey feathers with blended feathers between
View attachment 2459947
This is a enhanced image of bumblebee we figured there a silver tuxedo? Is that right?
I've had a few look like that one! I just called it gray or dark silver! Idk, what else to call that color. :confused:
You are correct on the last pic....silver tux!

That's where mine do come from....sometimes they are light silver and sometimes they are the dark color.
Interesting I might hold him back if he is truly male and breed his color into reality there has to be something controlling it geneticly to make it look dark silver that way

Interesting I might hold him back if he is truly male and breed his color into reality there has to be something controlling it geneticly to make it look dark silver that way
Yep, the 'melan' gene is controlling the degree of color/pigment in the plumage....a mutation of the gene or the gene isn't getting the correct sequencing.

Yep, the 'melan' gene is controlling the degree of color/pigment in the plumage....a mutation of the gene or the gene isn't getting the correct sequencing.
I'm deffintly going to be breeding him or maybe even finding another dark silver after I confirm its a he I'm sure it's a color that just isn't identifyed offishaly and would explain why I can't find any birds that look like him

I'm deffintly going to be breeding him or maybe even finding another dark silver after I confirm its a he I'm sure it's a color that just isn't identifyed offishaly and would explain why I can't find any birds that look like him
There are tons of degrees of feather color within a specific color type. Buttons have been bred/inbred for so long....they are like a box of chocolates, you just never know what you'll get! :lol:

There are tons of degrees of feather color within a specific color type. Buttons have been bred/inbred for so long....they are like a box of chocolates, you just never know what you'll get! :lol:
True but it's still worth a try it's how snakes got so many morphs and color mutations quail genetics are dirty becouse people breed any color of quail togather never looking at genetics and what could mix with what and never breeding for one color unless that person is working with said color snakes have such and thus a cleaner genetic pool which is why a normal resesive albino crossed with a normal resesive albino is a 50 50 normal and albino unfortunately quail have not been bred that way and have multiple resesive genes never being clean with it there genetic pool is verried due to being crossed with multiples of other resesive genes constantly all the time

Back
Top Bottom