Aug 13, 2010
Absarokee, Montana
65390_2010_09130019.jpg
[/img]
I decided to keep three and give the other seven away to a nice home
big_smile.png

I have one of those, tried it once....lol, ended up the eggs werent fertile
hmm.png
so I stored it away for a year or more and just dug it out sunday to put some button quail eggs in
big_smile.png
seeing my girls in the coop arent sitting on them and when I got all of their eggs together...53 yup they had 53 eggs in about 3 weeks...wow!
So I was wondering, does that incubator really work? When did you set your eggs? I have 13 eggs in mine, is that to many....
lau.gif

yeah it keeps the temp pretty consistent I have water in the bottom for humidity and I always check on it and make sure that it hasnt dried . Im thinking about getting a sponge that would work better. I havent had any that hatched and lived my last batch didnt make it
sad.png
but the incubator works pretty well. I seen one at Tractor Supply that I want to get.

PLus Ill be able to put more eggs in it. This one I can only put small eggs like quail and bantam eggs. It said I could put duck, standard chicken eggs, and turkey eggs but like two at a time. Eventually I will have to get a bigger one but Im not sure if I wanna hatch anymore for awhile. Probably when I am done hatching my Rhode Island Red Bantamas

Will do
smile.png
I can hardly believe its already day 3 this time its alot faster i guess because they dont take that long to hatch lol.. This time im gonna let mother nature do her thing and not be in a hurry...

Back
Top Bottom