1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Button Quail Eggs

Discussion in 'Quail' started by BlueBirdChick, Sep 14, 2010.

1. BlueBirdChick

BlueBirdChick On Vacation

Aug 13, 2010
    Absarokee, Montana
    [​IMG][/img]
    I decided to keep three and give the other seven away to a nice home [​IMG]

2. EggHunter_66

EggHunter_66 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2008
    Box Springs,Georgia
    I have one of those, tried it once....lol, ended up the eggs werent fertile [​IMG] so I stored it away for a year or more and just dug it out sunday to put some button quail eggs in [​IMG] seeing my girls in the coop arent sitting on them and when I got all of their eggs together...53 yup they had 53 eggs in about 3 weeks...wow!
    So I was wondering, does that incubator really work? When did you set your eggs? I have 13 eggs in mine, is that to many....[​IMG]

3. BlueBirdChick

Aug 13, 2010
    Absarokee, Montana
    yeah it keeps the temp pretty consistent I have water in the bottom for humidity and I always check on it and make sure that it hasnt dried . Im thinking about getting a sponge that would work better. I havent had any that hatched and lived my last batch didnt make it [​IMG] but the incubator works pretty well. I seen one at Tractor Supply that I want to get.

PLus Ill be able to put more eggs in it. This one I can only put small eggs like quail and bantam eggs. It said I could put duck, standard chicken eggs, and turkey eggs but like two at a time. Eventually I will have to get a bigger one but Im not sure if I wanna hatch anymore for awhile. Probably when I am done hatching my Rhode Island Red Bantamas

4. BlueBirdChick

Aug 13, 2010
    Absarokee, Montana
    i set them yesterday so by the end of this month hopefully ill have button quail babies

5. EggHunter_66

EggHunter_66 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2008
    Box Springs,Georgia
    Good luck and keep me posted on the hatch, I will do the same!

6. BlueBirdChick

Aug 13, 2010
    Absarokee, Montana
    Will do [​IMG] I can hardly believe its already day 3 this time its alot faster i guess because they dont take that long to hatch lol.. This time im gonna let mother nature do her thing and not be in a hurry...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by