button quail hatching

birddogsc

In the Brooder
5 Years
Feb 4, 2014
south Carolina
I have a few button quail eggs(1st time with button quail) in incubator.everyone told me 16 days til hatch so I quit turning them 3 days early and its day 16 nothing yet but then someone told me it could take up to 21 like chickens days.now worried I stopped turning too early I candle day 10 they looked good

You can stop turning several days early with no ill effect in most cases. You are fine. If your temperature was low they will hatch late, besides they aren't on a schedule.

Of course, there is a range, but in general, what I've heard is 17 days. Like dc3085 said, slightly lower temperatures can cause them to hatch later, along with some other things.

Good luck! Mine are to hatch on Sunday. I can't wait :p

Finally day 23 got some action.yall were right I ordered a digital hydrometer.and it 98.when old thermometer was reading 100.00

marcorali do you mean water/float test? I do not suggest them but you can if you want. as for regular candling button eggs are very hard to do this too. it takes a very bright light and total darkness. Just go with it and let them incubate.

Back
Top Bottom