Button quail help?!

wowlss

In the Brooder
Apr 13, 2018
I have a pair of button quail who are a male/female pair but I don’t seem to be getting fertile eggs from them. They sleep next to each other and I have seen the male sit on the female’s eggs but I have put several in an incubator and gotten no development and they seem to be infertile but they’re pretty old when I take them out of the incubator so it can be hard to tell.

They do cry a few times a day, loudly, which I thought was odd considering they are a pair. Is it possible they just aren’t interested in each other?

Attachments

• F3C160CF-CFFA-4158-AF0A-70B4545A904C.jpeg
    F3C160CF-CFFA-4158-AF0A-70B4545A904C.jpeg
    228.8 KB · Views: 4
I have a pair of button quail who are a male/female pair but I don’t seem to be getting fertile eggs from them. They sleep next to each other and I have seen the male sit on the female’s eggs but I have put several in an incubator and gotten no development and they seem to be infertile but they’re pretty old when I take them out of the incubator so it can be hard to tell.

They do cry a few times a day, loudly, which I thought was odd considering they are a pair. Is it possible they just aren’t interested in each other?
They are a well bonded pair, i have the same problem with mine, my male just isn't the boss so he doesn't feel like he has the authority since he is such a gentleman to my female, she bosses him. but she will squat down in front of him and most of the time he won't, but i do not think it is a solvable problem. he also may be young and in expirenced. how old? all males "Cry" it is like a rooster crowing.

Back
Top Bottom