Button quail ratio

ILIKEDUCKS

Songster
Mar 7, 2020
Australia
Hi I was given a extra female button quail but already have a pair can I have a trio or will they fight? I will need a wander asap becaus they are with my pair atm and she is hiding.

Hi I was given a extra female button quail but already have a pair can I have a trio or will they fight? I will need a wander asap becaus they are with my pair atm and she is hiding.
I used to keep 1 male with 3 females. They didn't fight. It seemed to be a good set up. I think 3 females would do just fine, as long as your cage is roomy enough to support them. It's the males that tend to have to be separated because of fighting.

They can sometimes work in trios, but they're generally at their happiest in pairs, because that's the most natural way. You can keep them together if you want to, but they could possibly fight, especially if the other two are bonded. If you wanted to keep them in pairs, could you get another male?

They can sometimes work in trios, but they're generally at their happiest in pairs, because that's the most natural way. You can keep them together if you want to, but they could possibly fight, especially if the other two are bonded. If you wanted to keep them in pairs, could you get another male?
Don’t have space for another male atm

Back
Top Bottom