Button Quail trade.

Button-mama...yup that would be the one! Anyways...once I figure out if mine are fertile I would love some more and such!

LOL- I have too many to trade but do have lots of juveniles and young adults avail. My white hen is also sitting on her first clutch with the dad being a blue face. Should be interesting to see if she stays on the nest. She looks serious though!
smile.png

I am selling my juveniles for $3 each and have lots of red breast, silver, silver rb, blue faced, and mixes of both (sorry no whites!) both males and females. All 2-4 months. Also pairs available that are laying.

Can ship more than 6.

I have lots of pictures on my button page:
http://cspotsminiaturehorses.homestead.com/button.html
Tammie

Last edited:
HI Everyone,

Sorry to disappear on your for a few days.

Here's what's happening. After I posted this one of my females decided to set on some eggs and I thought, okay, I'll let her try. Well, it turned out, another female had the same idea and she apparently ran off the first one and took over.

I wasn't getting very many eggs at the time for reasons I didn't figure out until later. Seems some of the other females were laying eggs on the same nest the female was setting on.

Well she managed to hatch four chicks, yippee! But, after she left the nest with her babies, there were 11, yes eleven, unhatched eggs left. What to do, what to do? They were cold when I found them but I threw them in the incubator anyway. I had one chick hatch from them per day for 4 days, then two days went by with nothing and I thought that was it but waited. Two days later on the same day 2 more hatched. So, she hatched 4 of them, and I hatched 6 which is amazing considering how cold the eggs were when I got them. How she managed to keep that many eggs warm and alive in the first place is beyond me.

There are still 5 eggs in the incubator, I'm going to wait a few more days and see what happens.

So anyway, now the hen who originally wanted to set on the eggs is setting on another clutch so I'm going to let her.

Needless to say, I'm not getting very many eggs for trading so I would only be able to send a few every couple of days. Sometimes I only get a couple a day, and other times I get up to 9 so it all depends on how many the lay in a couple of days. My hatch rate has been excellent this year though!
smile.png

So if any of you are still interested in just a few at a time. I can do that.

Back
Top Bottom