Button Quail

Squeak61

Songster
5 Years
May 22, 2017
Connecticut
Hello everyone :) Recently, I have been diving deeper into raising poultry (it's an addiction ;) ). I'm thinking of maybe getting a few button quail next spring. It's a while away, but I've been looking around. I can't seem to find any though. I was just wondering if you could even buy them, or just hatching eggs.

Last edited:
Some pet stores hold them, but it's not all that common. If you have Craigslist in your area, that's your best bet. I've seen a few on petfinder as well. You can buy adults, chicks, or eggs, you just have to find them!
It'll be hard to find them now, it's not really the season, it'll be easier later on!

I only found eggs that could be shipped and none in my area. I ordered some off Ebay and have not had much luck. I have more eggs in the incubator, I'm hoping I get a good male:female ratio. If I do, then by next spring, I'll sell you eggs, if you are close enough to pick up, possibly adults/chicks.

I only found eggs that could be shipped and none in my area. I ordered some off Ebay and have not had much luck. I have more eggs in the incubator, I'm hoping I get a good male:female ratio. If I do, then by next spring, I'll sell you eggs, if you are close enough to pick up, possibly adults/chicks.
That would be so amazing, where are you located?

Some pet stores hold them, but it's not all that common. If you have Craigslist in your area, that's your best bet. I've seen a few on petfinder as well. You can buy adults, chicks, or eggs, you just have to find them!
It'll be hard to find them now, it's not really the season, it'll be easier later on!
I'll check Craigslist and Petfinder, I don't think any pet stores around where will have them. Thanks for the info :)

We have a group/page on FaceBook, "Button Quail" that has lots of folks selling eggs and depending on your location some even have adults. welcome to the addiction.

I actually bought 10 of them on Craigslist yesterday. They where in a terrible pen with no food... Anyways, I fed them high protein non medicated turkey starter with grit, and hard boiled egg. They're a billion times happier. I would just buy the eggs on eBay.

I couldn't find any either, so I orderd 36 eggs from florida on ebay. only 18 hatched (half) I was a little disappointed as I paid 50$ for them. but in the end It was fine (I don't know how I could have managed 36 LOL!!!
I am planning on ordering coturnix quail eggs one day hope they don't break:oops:hardly any fertile quail eggs for sale on ebay in Australia so may be hard to find i'm glad it all worked out fine:yesss:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom