Button quail

Jessie404

Songster
Sep 12, 2020
North East Victoria, Australia
Hi everyone,

I just happened to be looking up chicks and I found this photo:
1602205623007.png

Now I am determined to have button quails. When I look up fertile eggs for sale I keep seeing stuff like button/king quail. What is a king quail? And is a button quail a breed? Are their other breeds of quail that are this small? I was thinking of joining the Halloween HAL with the eggs, so incubation tips would be useful too.

Thanks in advance

King quails are soooooo cute! I try to call them kings but on BYC they’re known as buttons. They’re also called Chinese painted or blue breasted quails. They’re not ‘breeds’, they’re actually species. Button quail is from another genus and everything but they are quite small but not domesticated at all. Kings are also what we ‘Aussies’ call them. They’re the smallest species of quail as well. :)

Last edited:
King quail = button quail

They are completely useless. Can’t eat ‘em. Eggs are too small to scramble. Boys have this silly laugh-call “he-he-he”. And they are ridiculously awfully adorable. There, I think I’ve talked myself out of getting them again. Whew, that picture was a close call! :love

King quail = button quail

They are completely useless. Can’t eat ‘em. Eggs are too small to scramble. Boys have this silly laugh-call “he-he-he”. And they are ridiculously awfully adorable. There, I think I’ve talked myself out of getting them again. Whew, that picture was a close call! :love
Useless?! They are cuties! And their eggs are completely edible. Plus if they’re in an aviary they’re good for cleaning up the left over seeds that fall onto the floor.

Not a spare... I would go on gumtree! It’s pretty reliable and has good prices. Plus... if you’re an Aussie or from the Southern Hemisphere it’s spring and that means... cHiCkS!!! 😝

Back
Top Bottom