button quail

i love the buttons i had a lot of fun with them my first pair were amazing for me that was the hen that hatch a chick for me see i don't be negative on her about leaving the other eggs cause its not her fault she just does that

i love the buttons i had a lot of fun with them my first pair were amazing for me that was the hen that hatch a chick for me see i don't be negative on her about leaving the other eggs cause its not her fault she just does that
I'm really enjoying my pair and also my 2 males. They a so cute and funny to watch. I really do not want to incubate. What happens happens. If not hatching, once removed, if I put fake eggs in the nest will that stop her from laying?

you know they only live 3 years to

this is not true if they are cared for and fed properly they can and do live up to 5 years or even more. a lot depends on care and feeding and also the stock to begin with. Any way did not want folks to think they will have to replace their birds before they get the chance to get to know them. I love my two and they are a blast to watch and listen to.

and also the fake eggs will not stop her from laying she will continue so just be sure she has plenty of food, grit and oyster shell and or egg shell. If she decides to sit she will not lay while incubating but that is rare, just fyi mine lays about 8-12 eggs then gets broody, her breast gets puffed up and she will sit for a bit and not mate. Mine has not sat long enough to hatch but it does give her a break from laying. after 10 days or so I remove the old eggs and toss them or use for crafts. You can remove them daily and store in the fridge and when you get 6 or so boil them, takes about 3-4 minutes, and either eat them yourself or fed them back to the birds.

Last edited:
this is not true if they are cared for and fed properly they can and do live up to 5 years or even more. a lot depends on care and feeding and also the stock to begin with. Any way did not want folks to think they will have to replace their birds before they get the chance to get to know them. I love my two and they are a blast to watch and listen to.

and also the fake eggs will not stop her from laying she will continue so just be sure she has plenty of food, grit and oyster shell and or egg shell. If she decides to sit she will not lay while incubating but that is rare, just fyi mine lays about 8-12 eggs then gets broody, her breast gets puffed up and she will sit for a bit and not mate. Mine has not sat long enough to hatch but it does give her a break from laying. after 10 days or so I remove the old eggs and toss them or use for crafts. You can remove them daily and store in the fridge and when you get 6 or so boil them, takes about 3-4 minutes, and either eat them yourself or fed them back to the birds.
Thanks to all learning a lot about these little ones. She is sitting more and more. Either way they are a joy to watch. Mine are in my dining rm. and Florida rm. I love to here my boys crow back and froth across the rooms. It's great to here all three sound off one after another.

Thanks to all learning a lot about these little ones. She is sitting more and more. Either way they are a joy to watch. Mine are in my dining rm. and Florida rm. I love to here my boys crow back and froth across the rooms. It's great to here all three sound off one after another.
The little male crowing is my favorite thing too!! =) its such a cute sound i cant help but smile when i hear him !=) and the girls peeping away is cute too =)

Back
Top Bottom