P1010083.jpg

P1010084.jpg

P1010085.jpg

P1010086.jpg

P1010087.jpg

P1010088.jpg

P1010089.jpg

THANK YOU BettaCreek!

Can anyone tell me what they think I'll get? I forgot already!

I still don't believe how healthy they all are! All 15 made it!

Looks like you have Silvers, Slates, Normals, Golden Pearls, Blue Face, double factor Blue Face and Red Breasted. I will be able to tell you for sure once they get more feathers in. Your adult female is Golden Pearl and your adult male is Red Breasted.

I have some suggestions for you as far as bedding for both your babies and adults. The babies should be on something better than paper towel and napkins. They will get splay leg if they don't have something they can't slip on. Some people use rubber shelf liner. I use pine shavings with hay over it.

The adults should not have the grate in the bottom of the cage. They may get a foot stuck and break a leg. Plus their feet are too small to properly walk on bars that far apart. It is not comfortable for them at all. Can you remove the grate or put a board or newspaper on top of it? They would be much happier that way. They would love hay too for bedding as they forage in it and make nests in it.

I don't use wire cages for Buttons since they tend to pop up easily when scared and they can scalp themselves or break necks. Do you have some type of padding inside of the top of that cage so they don't get hurt? You can even use the large bubble, bubble wrap. Good luck with them all!!

Last edited:
BQH, the "black" ones have red stripes on them, doesn't that make them wild type? I tried to send a good assortment of colors of the larger, sturdier ones. They seem to have done really well with the trip, though hubby and I didn't fare so well, having spent 10 hours on the trip because of an accident on the interstate.

Quote:
Whoops!! Yes, I thought they had yellowish stripes. You are right!! Maybe you need to take over naming the mutations for me, LOL?!? Pictures just aren't as good as seeing it in person. Wow, I sure hope duckncover appreciates what you did for him! You and your husband rock!!

Last edited:
Lol. You can't really see it in pictures. It was hard to see the red stripes on the runt as well, and I originally thought that he was a blue-faced. In pictures, you just don't see it. I wasn't sure though, I rely on you for accurate colors, lol.

Back
Top Bottom