Buttons.. has anyone ever housed them successfully in a group?

Quote:
LOL! Yes, it sounds good up north.
smile.png
I do have photos. I have never posted photos in here so I will see if I can do it
smile.png
You would be very surprised on how content these birds are in a small cage as long as they are kept in pairs.

The book is absolutely awesome!!! I love that book!!! And the author too
smile.png
She is a very good friend. Awesome person!

Ok. I can't attach a picture! How in the world can I do so??? Sigh
smile.png

To attach a photo you can download your photos to a site like Photobucket or Webshots. Once there you can copy and paste a link that will post your photos here. A few steps but worthwhile!

Babybuttonshatched422101dayold.jpg

These are 1 day old

tuxedoCBBQbaby.jpg

Tuxedos.jpg

These are 7 week old. Notice the one all the way in the back! He's like HEY!! What's going on here?? lol

PiedFavorite.jpg

This one is a good o'le pied

I have more pics of all the mutations available in the US. When I have some free time, I will post some more

Charlie

Babybuttons1weekold.jpg

These are the same babies from the picture above at 5 days old

babies1weekold.jpg

These are the same babies today. 9 days old. I will be separating them into two groups tomorrow since they are a little overcrowded.

My stupidity is expressed in that I wondered why you were posting about buttons on clothes. I just
smack.gif
ed myself.
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

I had 4 males and 4 females living in a colony situation on the floor of my aviary. I had one go broody and raise chicks. They are good for cleaning up the bottom of mixed aviaries. I never had problems with picking on anything. I did have plants on the bottom of the aviary though.

Henry

Hi Henry-

You may not have had problems yet but I get sooooo many emails about people that keep them in "colonies" that have issues. The usual typical story is that they have kept them together for years and one day.... it happened! So, I do not recommend keeping them together. Again, in the wild they do not choose to live together, why should we force them to be polygamous when they are monogamous? Behond my comprehention.
smile.png

Charlie

Back
Top Bottom