Buy it Now - Sapphire Hatching Eggs 12+

Getting super excited for my pullet to lay!! she has an awesome personality, too, she is still in the grow-out pen because she keeps flying back in to be with her friends, or she flies out and free-ranges all day, I should clip her wings, but she behaves herself, so I haven't done it...

I am glad you are enjoying her! I have just one pullet left of my original batch, I just put her with my BR roo so I could have barred EE and can put the pullets in my EE pen to make sexlinks for the spring. Super excited about that. She lays an egg that weighs 67grams. PERFECT for breakfast!

I will have more soon. I have new pullets I am starting to get eggs from, but they are not in full swing yet. I only have one pen laying regular.

I would love to see the sexlinked ones
I just put her with the GSBR roo today so I will start collecting eggs. They should be a mix of white and black I would think. She is a SBEL and is Dom White but should only carry one copy of Dom White. 100% of the chicks will be barred (roos will only have one copy of the barring gene.) I will probably get more straight combs so it may take me some time to get enough pullets for my project. They will lay a greener egg. I have two Barred EE hens from a previous roo. They didn't get the beards my EE pullets back then didn't have beards. I will post pics when I hatch them on the EE thread.
thumbsup.gif

Im so excited about the SBEL eggs I got in the mail today from you! Does anyone know if any of the single comb offspring lay blue eggs or is it strictly the pea comb gals? Just curious what to look for when deciding which chicks to keep.

Im so excited about the SBEL eggs I got in the mail today from you! Does anyone know if any of the single comb offspring lay blue eggs or is it strictly the pea comb gals? Just curious what to look for when deciding which chicks to keep.

I knew someone that made this cross all the time and she said her straight combs laid blue eggs.

My pullet is laying!!!!! I thought it was another hen until I caught her in the act... It is a medium sized blue/green egg that is getting bigger....
woot.gif

My pullet is laying!!!!! I thought it was another hen until I caught her in the act... It is a medium sized blue/green egg that is getting bigger....
woot.gif
That is GREAT! I know you are thrilled to get new eggs like I am. It should get bigger in a few weeks. Pretty soon I will be moving all my Ams and SBEL up where I have lights. They have molted or are pullets and I just want the pullets to kick in..... MOMMA NEEDS SOME EGGS FOR BREAKFAST AGAIN
th.gif

I hatched 4 chicks from these eggs. Feather sexing didnt work for me but the cockerals are quite obvious by 2-3 weeks. I kept one sweet all white pullet and gave the rest away to 4H kids. Last night the bulb went out in the brooder and I found my 4 week old SBEL with her wings spread around 4 day old chicks! Im certain she saved their lives as it was quite cold in the basement.

I hatched 4 chicks from these eggs. Feather sexing didnt work for me but the cockerals are quite obvious by 2-3 weeks. I kept one sweet all white pullet and gave the rest away to 4H kids. Last night the bulb went out in the brooder and I found my 4 week old SBEL with her wings spread around 4 day old chicks! Im certain she saved their lives as it was quite cold in the basement.

That is a great story! Thanks for making my day today!

Back
Top Bottom