BUYER BEWARE: Blue Star Chicken Ranch in Austin TX

To people reading reviews about Blue Star ranch:

EACH CUSTOMER HAS A DIFFERENT COOP AND SET UP

Take a look at the "illness, diseases and emergency pages" on the Backyard Chickens group chat. Do some research on chat groups for chicken owners and what do you see? There seem to be many millions of sick chickens out there! Many states, many illness-related issues, and what’s even more important? There are very confused owners too.

WILL THERE BE PROBLEMS RAISING CHICKENSIF I BUY POULTRY FROM BLUE STAR RANCH?

FACTS: No matter where you buy chickens, or from who you purchase chickens: There is a learning curve to raising poultry. (see illness and disease page!)

So do your own research and learn that in some of the chatrooms for chicken groups there are chicken owners all over the country who are begging for advice and need help.

Most new chicken owners want INSTANT ANSWERS. Nearly all “newbies” blame the seller of the chickens no matter where they were purchased.

FACT: I have learned that raising chickens is a "cycle" of replacements as your coop needs change, or your chickens begin to "age," or losses due to illness or predators chickens will need to be replenished and replaced over time.

PEOPLE AND SOCIETY CHANGED - BUT CHICKENS ARE STILL THE SAME- AGRICULTURAL BIRDS

Understand that chickens are in fact farm agricultural animals that as of a generation ago, chickens were considered disposable by your parents and grandparents.

People & society have changed, chickens, for the most part, are still the same birds.
https://bluestarchicken.com/reviews

What is the #1 overlooked reason that so many chickens get diagnosed as sick (from any seller!) Its gnats and flies cause many problems. Check it out:

https://www.bluestar-ranch.com/911-chicken-health.html

Thanks! Mary Ann Fordyce aka “The Chicken Lady”

Blue Star Ranch the chicken “eggsperts”

Hey, so, if you have to say that what you say is a fact after saying anything at all, it's probably a lie.

I've bought healthy birds from people and have kept them healthy, and I've also bought sick birds from people and had to put them down. I've bought birds with no feathers and who looked pitiful, but I brought them back to health. The fact of the matter is, is that some people take better care of their chickens than others. Many people also knowingly sell chickens who are sick and blame the newbies for their sick birds.

It's just like PetCo or PetSmart selling sick fish - they know they're sick, they know they'll die, and they know that people will replace them by coming back to buy more birds.

In all honesty, the BSR website and the people behind it seem like frauds. No negative reviews allowed on the website, and anything negative posted is an attack and is just from trolls. This is mostly used for hard cover-ups and the unwillingness to post when your birds have health issues - if every bird gets sick, as you blame newbies for, why are yours never sick?

To people reading reviews about Blue Star ranch:

EACH CUSTOMER HAS A DIFFERENT COOP AND SET UP

Take a look at the "illness, diseases and emergency pages" on the Backyard Chickens group chat. Do some research on chat groups for chicken owners and what do you see? There seem to be many millions of sick chickens out there! Many states, many illness-related issues, and what’s even more important? There are very confused owners too.

WILL THERE BE PROBLEMS RAISING CHICKENSIF I BUY POULTRY FROM BLUE STAR RANCH?

FACTS: No matter where you buy chickens, or from who you purchase chickens: There is a learning curve to raising poultry. (see illness and disease page!)

So do your own research and learn that in some of the chatrooms for chicken groups there are chicken owners all over the country who are begging for advice and need help.

Most new chicken owners want INSTANT ANSWERS. Nearly all “newbies” blame the seller of the chickens no matter where they were purchased.

FACT: I have learned that raising chickens is a "cycle" of replacements as your coop needs change, or your chickens begin to "age," or losses due to illness or predators chickens will need to be replenished and replaced over time.

PEOPLE AND SOCIETY CHANGED - BUT CHICKENS ARE STILL THE SAME- AGRICULTURAL BIRDS

Understand that chickens are in fact farm agricultural animals that as of a generation ago, chickens were considered disposable by your parents and grandparents.

People & society have changed, chickens, for the most part, are still the same birds.
https://bluestarchicken.com/reviews

What is the #1 overlooked reason that so many chickens get diagnosed as sick (from any seller!) Its gnats and flies cause many problems. Check it out:

https://www.bluestar-ranch.com/911-chicken-health.html

Thanks! Mary Ann Fordyce aka “The Chicken Lady”

Blue Star Ranch the chicken “eggsperts”
A feeble attempt at damage control.

We have experienced the exact same thing with chickens we purchased from Mary Ann at Blue Star Ranch. We have now lost 5 of the 7 chickens we bought from disease and they are all under a year old!

Update because someone re-posted my story in a local backyard chickens group: we've now lost 100% of the birds from BSR--all of them from Mareks. Since buying Mareks-vaxxed chicks elsewhere, we've finally stopped the constant death. I truly hope sharing our story saves others some heartache.
I would report her to the Better Business Bureau. They get stuff done. Otherwise, people will continuously purchase birds from them, and she will continuously breed poor birds bringing more of them into this world to die a terrible death, and bring other flocks down with them.

I would report her to the Better Business Bureau. They get stuff done. Otherwise, people will continuously purchase birds from them, and she will continuously breed poor birds bringing more of them into this world to die a terrible death, and bring other flocks down with them.
Unfortunately it's not against the law to sell birds with Marek's disease.

Just saying.

Unfortunately it's not against the law to sell birds with Marek's disease.

Just saying.
Doesn’t matter. BBB exists to remediate complaints, not uphold the law. If a business offers a service and fails to comply with their own standards, that’s where BBB comes in.

For example, I’d lived in the same house for ten years. Super easy to find. Very accurate to find with GPS. UPS failed to deliver a package because the driver couldn’t find the house. I called, gave directions, and provided my number. They still refused to deliver for the same reason an additional two more times. They sent the package to their distribution facility over an hour away. I had paid for two day shipping to receive that package. I put in a complaint with BBB. They called me about eight hours after I filed the complaint. Right after that call, UPS called offering to deliver the package the next day AND reimburse me the cost of the package because I had to go to a store and buy it in person. Now did UPS break the law? No they failed to uphold the service they claim to provide. BBB gets stuff done. I work in a consumer industry so I also know that people do check BBB regularly when purchasing items.

In addition, selling animals with a disease may not be illegal, but failure to provide appropriate welfare for an animal is illegal.

Back
Top Bottom