Recent Alchemist Farms Experience?

Pics
The ones who died around maturity were a BCM and an Isbar, and curiously enough, they were both males. The babies came from a pair of the mixed boxes and could've been more or less anything, so I'm afraid I don't know about those. It's entirely possible I just had really bad luck with them; lots of folks get really beautiful birds from them and never have any problems. I've gotten really beautiful birds from them with no problems. I'd probably even give them another chance if they were having a good sale. Best you can do is love them and give them the best care you can and hope everyone thrives; I'm wishing you all the luck!
Well, crossing fingers they all make it! One of the BCMs is a cockerel and I’d very much like to keep his genetics going.

I am currently babying my second little Azure Egger from Alchemist. Both came down with Pseudo Botulism (a form of Marek’s) as chicks and recovered. Then I lost one to Marek’s at 2 months (after integration) and the second got sick right around time of lay. She started with having trouble walking and progressed to lying on her side, barely eating and not drinking for 3 days. Then she started taking a few treats again, devoured the fresh greens I found her, and started standing up again. Still mainly existing on a parade of ever changing treats (raisins, oatmeal, grubs, fruit, greens, scrambled eggs…) she will like one day and ignore the next, but I just saw her finally eating some pellets again. So maybe she will survive this. We’ll see. Still will never get unvaccinated birds again, this is just too tough.

Oh my goodness!! I love them!! The gray one looks almost exactly like my Xena. Xena has been the star egg-layer, along with her sister, Lucy, even though they’re our smallest hens (We only have two alchemist blues). She was the star, until she went broody. But it wasn’t hard to break her of it. Just had to take the fake eggs (golf balls) out of the laying boxes. Suddenly she wasn’t interested in being broody any longer. 😂
But she hasn’t laid since she went broody. Hopefully she’ll get back to laying before winter temps. 🤷🏼‍♀️
Do yours lay blue? Both of mine lay greenish - the same color as the Isbars!

Back
Top Bottom