Buyer wants to re-turn thier hens

Tough call.

I agree with both sides.

So the questions would be:

Are you able to quarentine the hens for 30 days? If not don't take them back.

Are you able to tell your chickens from a swap a roo (if they are up to no good)? If not 100% I wouldn't.

The proof from an avian vet would be a must if taking the hens back. That way if your flock gets sick then you know what to treat.

I have sold quite a few chickens this year from our farm. We have had no problem with the buyers. I never even thought of a bill of sale. We may have to re-evaluate our own sale of birds.

I told them to bring the vet papers and they can have there money back and also that way i can see what the suposably have so i can either treat them or put them all down before it spreads to my other birds .

She said it was her husbands friend that is a vet and he did them a favor so they didnt ask for any papers .

I said ok well can i have his vet adress so i can bring all my birds there to have them checked out as well and i can know what they have Becasue they still havent toldme what is wrong with them they just keep saying they are sick .

I also asked were she kept them becasue i am now afraid to bring htme back and thats the only question she answered !

Sounds really weird to me. Ask for a business card of the "vet".

So where did they keep the hens?

Maybe offer to come and pick them up, that way you can see what the conditions are.

Good Luck!

Quote:
You bet it could. If I sold my hens to someone else, I would not know what the buyers exposed them to. There's no way that I would put them back into my coop/run with my other chickens.
Don't refund their money, and definitely don't take the hens back.

SHe said she kept them in a wire cage the same one she picked them up in . There is no shelter in the cage . So now they really are pretty sick becasue is was so cold here last night the water out size froze and we had chance of snow !

i would take them back , quarentine them and hope for the best , i would refund the money and be rid of her !
lesson learned........................................................
give a bill of sale .
don't over medicate.

i'm sure you are trying to take good care of your birds , but birds are very suseptable to all kinds of diseases and very easily mask thier illnesses until it seems too late.

Back
Top Bottom