Buyer wants to re-turn thier hens

Lets spank this fat baby in the butt and put it to bed...

All private sales are final. Period. Going further, all private sales are, "where is, as is", unless there is a written agreement, or an implied agreement.

If you are concerned about a bad reputation, offer to give them their money back, after two weeks of isolation, at your coop, to insure that the truck ride home did not make the hens ill. This may deter any scams and cause them to re-think things.

I'm not trying to seem hard or harsh, just don't like people being taken advantage of.

Quote:
Well, if this "vet" was a good enough friend to examine their birds for free it shouldn't be too much of a problem to ask him for a diagnosis, possible causes of illness and the correct treatments. All of this should be on his letterhead with his name, address and contact information.
IMHO, if it were me, there would be no way I would take them back or refund their money without this information.

Quote:
Will maybe her husband friend, should tell them, the proper way to move and house them. They are still keeping them in a open cage!!!

Poultrykeeper,
My opinon only.....
DO NOT take those birds back. I woudn't refund them either, it sounds scammy fishy. If the "vet" was a REAL vet he'd be able to tell them/you what the sickness was not just "sick" and the symptoms. People like that do not need to be encouraged. Maybe if they lose some money and even chickens maybe they'll stop.
My 2 cents.
smile.png

Personally, I would have some real reservations about taking them back. IF I did, I would want verification from wherever they took them(vet) as to their health and such. Sounds like buyers remorse to me?

If I were you, I would not take them back. It's not worth the risk to the rest of your birds, especially since they've been on antibiotics, so they'd be more suceseptable to anything they may be carrying. Also, if the birds you sold came in contact with their birds, and their birds are sick, the report from the vet may reflect something that their birds are carrying that was passed on to your birds.

Im not going to take them back ! They knew what they were buying , the held the birds and had no complaints . They couldnt give me any real vet info so...

for now on i am not giving my birds antibiotics unles they are sick . The grain store people pressure you into buying things you dont need . My mom goes for me me because she works right near it in the nect city next to us . I will tell her to go there to buy one thing for a certian bird and they tell her she should buy this and that fr it when i dont even need it !

Thanks for all the help you guys .
big_smile.png

(lilpeeps look at ur PM"s )

Good for you. Sometimes you have to stick with common sense and gut instinct.
Good luck to you.

Edit; One more thing, good decision on the antibiotics. As the saying goes, "if it aint broke,
don't fix it"!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom