buying "dirt" in the winter

kuntrygirl,

I don't know about chickens and sago palms, but sagos are DEADLY to dogs. A really long, painful death caused by organ failure. I'd take it out before it develops seeds that they might what to pick at - or research chickens and sagos at least.

Nice set up though!

Quote:
Your poor truck must have been on its hands and knees .... https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/74542_jawsmiley.gif

gig.gif
You have no idea. Almost didn't make it home. We also put some of it in another trailer as well.

Last edited:
Quote:
I appreciate the info. Thanks. I have already researched it. I researched everything before I act upon it. I have had animals for years and everything that I do is extensively researched. I don't want anything harming my animals. Oh, I don't have any dogs. 150+ chickens and other animals do not allow me to have a dog. So no dogs will be hurt in the making of my aviary.
gig.gif

Thanks anyway though.

Quote:
Can you post the link to the info about sagos being deadly to dogs? I have a co-worker who just purchased some saga palms and she has 2 dogs. I would love to pass this information on to her so that she will know. Sounds like she may have to remove those palms.

Thanks

Quote:
Can you post the link to the info about sagos being deadly to dogs? I have a co-worker who just purchased some saga palms and she has 2 dogs. I would love to pass this information on to her so that she will know. Sounds like she may have to remove those palms.

Thanks

There's a ton of articles, but there's a quick summary from snopes. I don't post here often enough to add in the link. Sorry.

The main reason I mention it is that a woman who purchased a pup from me, then put multiple performance titles on him, and became a very good friend of mine in the process, lost him to a long painful death. He was the second love of her life, and the thousands of dollars she spent at the veterinary hospital could not able to save him. He was over 5 years old when he decided to chew on one of the many sago palms in their yard. I tell anyone I see buying them that they are poisonous. Costco always seems to have them in the spring.

I don't know if they are poisonous to poultry though.

Back
Top Bottom