Buying ducks...

When getting my ducks (Cayuga and Blue Swedish) we called around to local Tractor Supply Co.. Each store had different breeds because they get them from local farmers, we drove two hours to get our babies, but I know one store did have Rouens.

Plenty of people get their ducklings sent to them and I’m sure a majority are fine, but I just really enjoyed bringing my babies home myself!

When getting my ducks (Cayuga and Blue Swedish) we called around to local Tractor Supply Co.. Each store had different breeds because they get them from local farmers, we drove two hours to get our babies, but I know one store did have Rouens.

Plenty of people get their ducklings sent to them and I’m sure a majority are fine, but I just really enjoyed bringing my babies home myself!
That is fun, but when you get a call from the post office...:wee

Not yet. There is a local breeder in my area that has Acona & khaki Campbell ducks. I prefer the aconas because they are great layers 218-280 eggs a year and I heard they were the most flavorful of all duck varieties. I plan on building my flock first so if I don't hatch out enough females I may have to resort to ordering online.

I drove 2 1/2 hours each way to go get my ducks. Some of mine will be pets and kept for eggs, some will be for food. I'm building a decent size pond in their yard and they will be able to free range and help keep pests down in our garden.

Rouens are good ducks, but if you want a pet, I suggest Welsh Harlequins or Pekins. Both are super friendly but Pekins are large.
Welsh Harlequins lay lots, are friendly, and don't need as much space as Rouens do.
If you are set on Rouens though, good luck!
I only have 3 lol and they are very friendly! I wouldn’t mind some Pekins though! They are very pretty!

Back
Top Bottom