Buying ebay eggs

Have you purchased Ebay eggs?

• Total voters
Pics
Do you want to share her ebay username ??
eBay name Boeseval / farm name on FB is tar box hollow. I candles tonight (day10) and out of 14, 9 have strong moving embryo, 2 quitters , and 3 clears. Only 2 have air cells that are slightly misshapen. I will update you on total hatched. The eggs are quite a bit lighter blue than my Ameraucana eggs but that doesn’t bother me.

eBay name Boeseval / farm name on FB is tar box hollow. I candles tonight (day10) and out of 14, 9 have strong moving embryo, 2 quitters , and 3 clears. Only 2 have air cells that are slightly misshapen. I will update you on total hatched. The eggs are quite a bit lighter blue than my Ameraucana eggs but that doesn’t bother me.
I looked it up. I love the cream legbars.

so far the last seller I found has been AWESOME! Packaged great, box marked well, arrived on time. got 12 and 10 are still going strong on day 11!!!! Hope they all continue. most air cells look pretty good but one is REALLY wonky and a couple are a bit saddled. fingers crossed for a good hatch! She did mess up on the # of eggs for each breed (got 2 different ones from her) and offered to make it right/up for it so taking her up on that and will be getting more eggs from her in a couple weeks!

so far the last seller I found has been AWESOME! Packaged great, box marked well, arrived on time. got 12 and 10 are still going strong on day 11!!!! Hope they all continue. most air cells look pretty good but one is REALLY wonky and a couple are a bit saddled. fingers crossed for a good hatch! She did mess up on the # of eggs for each breed (got 2 different ones from her) and offered to make it right/up for it so taking her up on that and will be getting more eggs from her in a couple weeks!
Good luck! I hope you have a great hatch.

I actually have their Ayam ketawa on my watch list. I would love to have a rooster. I just haven't found anything indicating whether they can live peacefully with other roosters. I've spent a lot of time breeding for a peaceful flock.

That's just one of the things that concerns me about buying eggs from other people. My roosters and their offsprings are good natured, I don't want to introduce a mean rooster's genes into my flock.

I just went shopping for another Bielefelder dozen hatching egg's on ebay. These will be coming from out of a placed called paradise-farm's in Ohio. I didn't buy any from out of that state before, so this should add more to my gene diversity. The rooster in that picture that they had there didn't look to have too much red in the breast coloring. The egg's should be here by the 14th, so those 2 duck egg's should be hatched by then, and the shipped egg's will have to sit to settle the egg cell's anyway before going into the incubator.

I just went shopping for another Bielefelder dozen hatching egg's on ebay. These will be coming from out of a placed called paradise-farm's in Ohio. I didn't buy any from out of that state before, so this should add more to my gene diversity. The rooster in that picture that they had there didn't look to have too much red in the breast coloring. The egg's should be here by the 14th, so those 2 duck egg's should be hatched by then, and the shipped egg's will have to sit to settle the egg cell's anyway before going into the incubator.
Do you still keep naked necks or legbars?

Yes she has some beautiful birds. If I ever am able to add another coop and start a standard size flock she has 2 of my dream chickens crele Orpington and Russian orloff.
My Russian orloff is sweet but a little flighty. She is having a difficult time with the heat today.( It's 105 f) Several of my hens are showing heat stress. My orpingtons are especially having problems.
I just threw some ice in mud for them to scratch in and put some cool electrolytes out.

Have you seen the crele orpingtons on the Carolina Rare Chicks website?

Back
Top Bottom