Buying ebay eggs

Have you purchased Ebay eggs?

• Total voters
Pics
My Russian orloff is sweet but a little flighty. She is having a difficult time with the heat today.( It's 105 f) Several of my hens are showing heat stress. My orpingtons are especially having problems.
I just threw some ice in mud for them to scratch in and put some cool electrolytes out.

Have you seen the crele orpingtons on the Carolina Rare Chicks website?
Yikes we complain about winter but I don’t think I could deal with 105. We have a handful of days a year that are 85-90. Our winters are brutal though so heavy cold tolerant breeds do well here. Though all my bantams (Ameraucana and silkies) do good here but won’t leave the coop in the winter.
Carolina rare chicks has some beautiful birds but prices are more than I gamble with for shipped eggs.

Yikes we complain about winter but I don’t think I could deal with 105. We have a handful of days a year that are 85-90. Our winters are brutal though so heavy cold tolerant breeds do well here. Though all my bantams (Ameraucana and silkies) do good here but won’t leave the coop in the winter.
Carolina rare chicks has some beautiful birds but prices are more than I gamble with for shipped eggs.
We generally have pretty easy winters, though the one before last was bad for us. I used to live in the Tennessee Cumberland mountains. The winters were occasionally bad, but the summers weren't too hot.
CRC's prices are more than I'd pay too, unless I wanted them for breeder chickens.

That's because in your cold winter's up there, you can always put as many layer's of clothing and coat's on as needed. In the heat over here, there's only so many pieces of clothing that you can take off until you are down to skin, and we definitely aren't going to take that off. :gig

I found this:
Screenshot_20220712-141923_eBay.jpg

The seller is Ferrell Farms, in Georgia. They even offer a guarantee that is less than 50% hatch, they will send new eggs. They are NPIP, and have plenty of pictures.
The only thing stopping me from ordering today, is this horribly hot weather. It's the kind of heat that makes me wonder why I would hatch more chickens to suffer through the summer. 🥵

I found this:
View attachment 3183892
The seller is Ferrell Farms, in Georgia. They even offer a guarantee that is less than 50% hatch, they will send new eggs. They are NPIP, and have plenty of pictures.
The only thing stopping me from ordering today, is this horribly hot weather. It's the kind of heat that makes me wonder why I would hatch more chickens to suffer through the summer. 🥵
The seller I found that backed up her eggs that she would send more (for cost of shipping so a bit different) if a bad hatch (think hers was under 38% but she did say many customers have 70% or more) has been AMAZING!!!!! I am on day 15 and have 10/12 going strong from her! The sellers that I tried that didn't say that (one did give me 50% off of another set of eggs) I have not had luck with. So I think that they are willing to back up their eggs is AMAZING and says something about them!

Not sure on the heat. The seller I bought from is in NC and uses a "cool foam" on the bottom and top of her eggs to help the package keep a more even temp in shipping. I don't know if it helped but.....

I would ask how they ship and what they do to help with the heat.

The seller I found that backed up her eggs that she would send more (for cost of shipping so a bit different) if a bad hatch (think hers was under 38% but she did say many customers have 70% or more) has been AMAZING!!!!! I am on day 15 and have 10/12 going strong from her! The sellers that I tried that didn't say that (one did give me 50% off of another set of eggs) I have not had luck with. So I think that they are willing to back up their eggs is AMAZING and says something about them!

Not sure on the heat. The seller I bought from is in NC and uses a "cool foam" on the bottom and top of her eggs to help the package keep a more even temp in shipping. I don't know if it helped but.....

I would ask how they ship and what they do to help with the heat.
That's a good idea, but I was more referring to me raising baby chicks in this heat. Lol. I'm out in it for several hours a day now. I always say, that I'm not raising anymore outdoor animals. And this summer is the worst! I don't even remember the last day we had that wasn't 100+

That's a good idea, but I was more referring to me raising baby chicks in this heat. Lol. I'm out in it for several hours a day now. I always say, that I'm not raising anymore outdoor animals. And this summer is the worst! I don't even remember the last day we had that wasn't 100+
YUCK!!!!!!! Thankfully we don't have to deal with that. We have a few days that are in the 90's and that is bad enough. Our main thing here is it is HUMID. I was talking about hatching some that they hatched mid Aug or so and I brood in the coop and was wondering how they would do out there in the heat and humidity. My coop is very well ventilated so it stays around outside temp but they are under the poop boards so not as much of a breeze/air getting there..... I can open the people door though (that leads to my run as well) so they can get that breeze.......

YUCK!!!!!!! Thankfully we don't have to deal with that. We have a few days that are in the 90's and that is bad enough. Our main thing here is it is HUMID. I was talking about hatching some that they hatched mid Aug or so and I brood in the coop and was wondering how they would do out there in the heat and humidity. My coop is very well ventilated so it stays around outside temp but they are under the poop boards so not as much of a breeze/air getting there..... I can open the people door though (that leads to my run as well) so they can get that breeze.......
I always raise mine outside. Even in the summer and the fall.
It is generally very humid here. It usually stays over 50% but with this heat, the humidity has dropped. It is only 28% right now at 103°. I guess the lower humidity is our silver lining.🤣

Back
Top Bottom