Buying Guinea Fowl..??

I didn't find you and researched in NC too. My problem I am sure. When will your keets be ready and how much. I would really like to buy locally if possible. Going to look up where you are located now. Taking a break for lunch :).

I am in Liberty, NC. I am listed in NC on the Guinea Fowl International website.

My hens have not started laying yet, but as soon as they do, I will be hatching and selling keets. Would you like me to let you know?

Yes please let me know. I would really appreciate it. I retired a few years ago and bought a small farm that was really run down. I have been working on the house and grounds to put it back in living condition and now is the time to add to my family. The more I learn about Guinea's the more I want them. Thank you

I am in Ellijay Georgia.
Would like to buy a few pearl Guinea Keets for insect control.
Anbody in NW Georgia have some for sale.

I'm in NW GA, and I have one Pearl Gray male I'd like to re-home. He's about 5 - 6 months old. I have one male too many, and he's it. No keets yet, but I'll have some late spring/early summer...I hope. :). PM me if you're interested in the male.

Realy would like keets. I've heard an adult will not stick around if you free range. I would be very interested when you get keets this spring.

No problem, but keets have to be "homed" to whatever pen or coop you put them into. It takes about six weeks. The keets will need to be put in a brooder with controlled temperatures for about six weeks, and then put in their pen or coop for the same amount of time so they can learn where home is. If you can control the temperatures in a coop for keets, that will work, too, but there isn't much way around 1) controlling temp for keets and/or acclimating them to a pen/coop set up.

I'll find a spot for my male guinea, no worries. :).

I am in Ellijay Georgia.
Would like to buy a few pearl Guinea Keets for insect control.
Anbody in NW Georgia have some for sale.

Realy would like keets. I've heard an adult will not stick around if you free range. I would be very interested when you get keets this spring.
Adults will stick around, but you can't just turn them loose the day you get them. They have no clue where home is and once they get spooked or wander... chances are you will never see them again. Ideally they too need to be confined to a coop or pen for at least 6 weeks before letting them out to free range (where they can see the sights and sounds of your land and the daily routine) so they become reprogrammed to your land and their coop being their new home. Sometimes just 6 wks might be too soon, so some people wait 12 wks just to be on the safe side.

You can't just turn keets loose either, even after they are fully feathered. Hopefully you have some kind of coop and pen for them after they are done with the brooder phase...

So I'm new to this site and not sure where to post things at! I've been waiting to get guineas since last June, when I was able to get them everywhere I looked had no more until 2013. I was wondering if anyone knew where I can get them BEFORE May, eggs or keets. I've been doing research on him since June and the more I read on them the more I want them!!

I know with chickens with a light you can get them to lay almost all year and was wondering if the same is with guineas?

If you are interested in guinea eggs, we presently have some and have a listing on BST under other poultry Here it is for your convenience if you want it: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...r-royal-purple-white-etc-all-running-together

We can help you when you are ready. Presently we are getting enough eggs for 2 to 3 shipments a week. Our ladies started laying early this year!

Back
Top Bottom