Buying large amounts of Flock Raiser?

Quote:
Then, again some one who actually does this stuff is a much better authority.

smile.png

A lot of people think they know more about manufacturing and selling feed than they really do.

I purchase feed at a local feed mill. I buy anywhere from 1,500 to 3,000 lbs of feed every couple of months. It averages about $6.00 a bag for a 50lb bag. This past weekend, I purchased (20) - 50lb bags and I only paid $120.00. Buying feed in bulk works for me. I get all the ingredients that I want in the feed for my chickens and it shows in the egg production and how healthy my birds and and how they look.

I would recommend finding a good feed mill and not a feed store.
A feed mill will be cheaper than a feed store (example TSC) and you will get better deals on you feed.

Chris

Thanks for the suggestions! Now I'm going to look around and see if I can find any feed mills around.
smile.png
That's exactly the sort of information I wanted! Now just to figure out where the closest feed mill is and see if I can work something out.
big_smile.png

How does one go about finding a feed mill anyway? I don't have *that* many chickens, but I'd like to know where to go for future reference. The local feed store only sells purina, and the TSC sells purina and dumor.

Back
Top Bottom