Buying week old chicks - Chicken math to end up with 2 pullets?

Quote:
lol. Well, I must have been confused. But, I think mine counts as chicken math since I am trying to get 2 pullets, but will end up with more, especially if I take the hubby and kids along. Then, we won't have the nerve to get rid of the extras and will continue to add on:) We started out saying 4 hens. Everyone laughed. I see why. I also want to try out some Faverolles and then some one around here has Sussex that are awful cute, etc, etc!

There ya go! Chicken math!
lol.png

Quote:
Yeah, that is how I ended up with Ameraucanas, a Welsummer, and a Barred Rock. I wanted the blue eggs, I wanted the darker brown eggs, then some more normal eggs. I really wanted one of those marans that have chocolate brown eggs. But, my dh wanted feathered feet so we are getting the few cochin for now. Fun Fun! I am already perusing craigslist looking for another coop or something we can convert into a coop. Ours will only hold 7 comfortably:)

lau.gif
Now you talking chicken math!!!!

lol My friends hubby told me i can go to his work and get all the pallets I wanted.. so I got a bunch to fix up the porch where The chicken and the baby's are.. then i will work on building a coop LOL.. gotta have plans for the future!

Originally we wanted 3 hens. One different type for different colored eggs. DH brought home 6 the first day. Then the shop called and the other 3 were ready for pickup. I get there and they say "No, there is 4 in your order" say what? So I get home with the 4, now there are 10. We find out early one is a boy, he gets rehomed. Now there are 9. Find out just recently 3 of the silkies are boys (
hit.gif
I love the silkies) so DH rehomes them. Now there are 6. Then DH finds 3 partridge silkie hens to replace his ONE blue silkie boy that was rehomed. Now we are back to 9. Does any of that make sense??

HECK YEAH IT DOES!!!

I wish my numbers were bigger though, single digits are for sissys.
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom